One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece

+9
MarG
lepcabo
funny Valentine
over_end
eniidnu
BrokenSoulmate
Katelys
friend who bleeds
Admin
13 posters

Go down

2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece Empty 2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece

Post by Admin Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:25 am

Good morning family!! How are you? I just now had the chance to come and write my review!
Well, from the beginning grin
During Thursday, I was arranging everything which had been left. As time was passing by, I had some kind of more excitement and I was feeling weird.
I packed my little present for Brian, took my tickets, took my mum laugh and at about 17.30 we set off. Unfortunately, my best friend who was about to come, didn't manage it; the tickets were sold-out...
But I went to enjoy it and tell her and you, everything, as she said.
So, we were outside at 18.30. I had an appointment with "friend who bleeds" and "orion", as already Anna said. We met there and waited for the doors to open. At 19.30, we finally got in. At first I was at the 8th row. I was really disappointed, but what could I do? Later, we couldn't stand it anymore; we could see nothing, it was very hot and some guys were pushing us and it was very uncomfortable, generally. We decided to go and stand behind. We are short judge and we hoped to find a place where we could see better. We were very lucky; in front of the seats it was something like pavement and we stood there. The view was very good and there was space between people there.
At about 20.30, the support band, Zebra Tracks, came. They played till 21.00. And then the real excitement came!! We were watching all the people who were moving quickly and were arranging Placebo's instruments and stuff.
Finally, after quite a long time, the lights were switched off and we heard the familiar sound of Infra-Red...It was exactly 21.40. The crowd started shouting and clapping and it was obvious that everyone was waiting for this specific moment rolleyes . As usual, the members came on stage and the crowd went madder every single moment until, finally Brian came! Stef, waved several times, until Brian started singing. They were all looking so amazing!! You could see, they were at a very good mood; there were many signs telling "This is going to be far more better than last year!"
Each song lasted a little till a lot longer than album versions and that was great. They enjoyed playing and we enjoyed listening to them!!
Brian and Stefan, didn't flirt a lot. I think they didn't flirt at all. But they were moving a lot on stage and were quite talkative. Stefan, said something at the beginning, which unfortunately I didn't manage to understand. Brian, after 3 or 4 songs, introduced his band as last year "Hello, we are the ladies and gentlemen of Placebo!". Some time later, he asked us how we were feeling! It was a nice surprise though, to also hear that he said "peace" in Greek!!!
You already know what they were wearing, since you have seen the pictures.
So, I'm going to give you the exact playlist, in order:

1. Infra-Red
2. Because I want you
3. Meds
4. Drag
5. Space Monkey
6. Soulmates
7. I Know
8. Song to say goodbye
9. Follow the cops back home
10. Every you every me
11. Special Needs
12. One Of A Kind
13. Without You I'm Nothing
14. Bionic
15. Blind
16. Special K
17. The Bitter End
(encore)
18. Running Up That Hill
19. Taste in men
20. Twenty Years

and it was 23.20 when Twenty Years ended and they went off-stage cry

But I completely enjoyed. I didn't feel like I did last year. I wasn't disappointed it had ended. I felt "filled". There was a void and now I was feeling weird in a good way.
I most enjoyed One Of A Kind, Special K and The Bitter End.
Comments on songs:
3. They played it in slow version at its beginning.
7. Repeated at the end "I know you love the song, but not the singer" (does he really feel like this? unsure )
9. "I'll give you coke and cheap shampoo"
12. "So, F**K YOU" (and the known gesture shifty ) and also "and into the motherf***in void" (I REALLY loooved these!!). At the point *and it's killing time* he did the "gun" gesture...!
16. Brian let us sing the "parapapa pararara" part all of the times! At one point he said "Hey, that was pretty sh*t!!" so, we sang louder from then on!
17. Bri did the "killing" movement. He didn't sing the special lyrics at the end....
(hope I didn't forget something grin )

When it ended and most of the fans were heading to the exit, I took my mum and went towards the 1st row. There were still so many fans there, I couldn't go. And I was there when they threw three of Steve's drumsticks. I was about to catch the last one; I jumped and tried, I felt it between me fingers and in the end a guy taller than me dots who was behind me, caught it..... weep
Anyway, it was my present's time!! I managed to get at the 1st row, just in front of Sharon, but the stage was far away from me and I couldn't even call at her. So, I pleased a security guy to give it to her, for Brian. He looked at me in a strange way; I was about to hit him....anyway. He went to Sharon while she was packing and gave it to her. She took it, saw it, smiled and put it aside carefully. I was even more excited that moment and then we headed out.
Nothing important from now on. We went down the mountain, took a taxi, got home, took a shower and slept at 1.30.
The next day it was my last exam, but the only thing I was thinking was the previous night.
You all know how it feels, so..... rolleyes

The only photos I can show you, are the ones of my present!
So, here it is this little doggie:
2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece Present001

and here it is with the letter attached
2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece Present002

I'm just absolutely excited and I can tell you for sure, that it was far more better than last year.
Hope I will be able to see them again soon, although I don't think so.
Nevertheless, this concert was able to satisfy me that much, that I THINK I will be able to wait a long time till the next gig.
And I hope I will meet more Greek fans next time
group

(feel free to ask smth, if you want; I may have forgotten to mention it. Btw, is it detailed enough? Tongue )
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece Empty Re: 2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece

Post by friend who bleeds Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:49 am

Undīne must be happy now :D
It was a nice surprise though, to also hear that he said "peace" in Greek!!!
blink i didn't hear them say that cry ...pote to eipan?
friend who bleeds
friend who bleeds
Bulletproof Cupid
Bulletproof Cupid

Female
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Back to top Go down

2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece Empty Re: 2007.06.14 Lecabettus Theatre, Athens, Greece

Post by Katelys Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:55 am

i'm very happy you've enjoyed it so much!! and i guess it is detailed enough :wink: i wonder,what's in the letter for Brian angel

btw>i've again problems with going to the slovakian gig..my sister took a brigade and she doesn't know if she can manage one fucking free day guns uargh rant
Katelys
Katelys
dreamfaller
dreamfaller

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Favourite Songs : Second sight,This picture,Protege moi,Twenty years,In the cold light of morning
Registration date : 2007-01-19

http://www.myspace.com/katelys

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:13 pm

It's so good to hear you had such a great time, Sophia bounce

Thanks a lot for your detailed review. But there is one question left for me (and I guess Undiine wants to know it as well): What did Brian do during Space Monkey?
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by eniidnu Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Oh, finally, a longer review! grin

I've got two questions.

1. Why didn't you queue at the venue to get in the first row? Don't people do that in Greece? confused
2. Did the band bowed at the end of the gig?

Admin wrote:At the point *and it's killing time* he did the "gun" gesture...!
love
eniidnu
eniidnu
Jesus loves me
Jesus loves me

Female
Number of posts : 836
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by over_end Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:20 pm

I'm happy for you Sophia and I bet that Sharon will give your letter to Brian. thumbsup
over_end
over_end
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 430
Favourite Songs : blacheyed,protege moi,jackie,every me&every you
Registration date : 2006-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by funny Valentine Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:42 pm

Admin wrote: I was about to hit him....anyway.
lol!
i'm glad you had a good time Sophia. bounce
thx for the review. flowers and the doggie is really cute.
funny Valentine
funny Valentine
molkoholic - a cliché , but my muse has left me..
molkoholic - a cliché , but my muse has left me..

Female
Number of posts : 1358
Favourite Songs : Space monkey, My sweet prince, Protege moi, Follow the cops, Blind...
Registration date : 2007-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by lepcabo Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:42 pm

I knew Sharon's gonna be nice. I bet he got your present grin
lepcabo
lepcabo
Oscillate Wildly
Oscillate Wildly

Female
Number of posts : 781
Favourite Songs : Days Before You Came, Drink You Pretty, Space Monkey, EYEM...
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:45 pm

Sophia, lucky for you, that you have a great time!!!

THX for detail review.

Hope, your dream about seeing them again will come true, as dreams of everyone here about it either Happy
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Favourite Songs : Plasticine, Soulmates, I know, Post blue, Special K, Twenty years, Taste in men and so many others..
Registration date : 2007-03-14

http://www.myspace.com/marineea

Back to top Go down

Post by atachto Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:02 pm

awesome grin
i'm really happy for everyone who was there, it's great that the band and their management are aware of the fact that they have a pretty decent fanbase in greece :wink:

eniidnu wrote:
1. Why didn't you queue at the venue to get in the first row? Don't people do that in Greece? confused
no such thing as a greek queue, especially at a place where people get excited Tongue

Katelys wrote:
btw>i've again problems with going to the slovakian gig..my sister took a brigade and she doesn't know if she can manage one fucking free day guns uargh rant

drzim palce, dufam ze sa ti to nejak vyriesi... flowers

atachto
Member Cool
Member Cool

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2006-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:40 pm

I'm glad for you, Sophia. I won't ask you about David as you didn't stand in the first row. You were cleverer than me and stood behind and enjoyed the concert. In Moscow I stood closer to the stage and therefore hardly remember anything but the crowd pushing me angry

The idea with the doggie and the letter is lovely thumbsup Sharon is so kind and nice blush

And I was there when they threw three of Steve's drumsticks. I was about to catch the last one; I jumped and tried, I felt it between me fingers and in the end a guy taller than me dots who was behind me, caught it..... weep
Such bastards are everywhere. Not gentlemen at all dots
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks to all of you group
To your questions:
Anna, I don't remember exactly the moment, but my mum confirmed it!
Kate, there is a lovely card translated from Greek, a poem that my best friend wrote and my letter, in which I said how I got obsessed, how much I love him and that I am Mrs Molko around here!! Tongue
Melanie, I'm afraid I will disappoint you, but I didn't really noticed Space Monkey. I couldn't. But as far as I remember he was moving a lot during it and he stood in his own weird way around laugh Usual things....
Undine, there was a queue outside, but I didn't manage to be in the front. And when we were moving in, it was even worse. Anyway, I'm glad I was behind. There was space and good view and I think it is one of the reasons I enjoyed it more than last year when I was at the 2nd row.
And to your second question, no. I don't think they did. Anna, do you remember?

Hope Brian really got that and indeed Sharon is so good.....and lucky :wink:

Btw, I forgot to tell you that Barnie is still alive bounce
It was the happiest moment of the whole night when I saw her!!!!
She is still a little broken and fixed, but it doesn't matter...!
She's alive I saw her, she's alive I saw her....!!!!!!!
Now I will do special posts to celebrate that she still exists lol!
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eniidnu Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:08 pm

Admin wrote:And to your second question, no. I don't think they did.

Oh, ok. There are people who say that if they bow at the end it means they enjoyed the gig. I don't know if it's true, but they don't bow at every gig after all.
eniidnu
eniidnu
Jesus loves me
Jesus loves me

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:33 pm

Admin wrote:
Melanie, I'm afraid I will disappoint you, but I didn't really noticed Space Monkey. I couldn't. But as far as I remember he was moving a lot during it and he stood in his own weird way around laugh Usual things....

Okay, I just asked because when they played it in Oberhausen last year he jumped on the barrier and kept singing there. He almost fell over from it as he had so much speed but the fans caught him and hold him 'til he went back onstage...
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by eniidnu Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 pm

BrokenSoulmate wrote:Okay, I just asked because when they played it in Oberhausen last year he jumped on the barrier and kept singing there. He almost fell over from it as he had so much speed but the fans caught him and hold him 'til he went back onstage...

Fans caught him and he actually got back on the stage afterwards? Wow, sounds unreal. laugh
eniidnu
eniidnu
Jesus loves me
Jesus loves me

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:58 pm

eniidnu wrote:
Fans caught him and he actually got back on the stage afterwards? Wow, sounds unreal. laugh

Okay, I should have mentioned the security guards who came after him ;) But I don't think they were of need there. But I couldn't really see it as he stood in the middle at this barrier and I stood in front of where he usually stands on stage but in the 5th or 6th row...
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by friend who bleeds Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:13 pm

They didn't bow at athen's show but they did at thessaloniki's show.
friend who bleeds
friend who bleeds
Bulletproof Cupid
Bulletproof Cupid

Female
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by beast_in_repose Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:52 pm

I'm so glad for you and thank you for the review, it set on my "dream with your eyes open" day
beast_in_repose
beast_in_repose
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Bigmouth Strikes Again

Female
Number of posts : 143
Favourite Songs : centrefolds,teenage angst,nancy boy,haemoglobin,flesh mechanic.........
Registration date : 2007-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by meds3 Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:25 pm

ooohhh Thats why i love placebo!
they are even better live!!!!!!!!!
Sophia thanks for the detaild report as i could imagine
everything from what you said! Lecabettus is the best for concerts and
i think placebo love this place,when i went 2003 they said its cool.
I am so unhappy i missed that but i got to pretend they never came
although i am happy you enjoyed yourself and that placebo was as before GREAT at lives,because the previous concert was not that good.
I hope to see them again next year,they may come again (sold out...)
and now i understand i missed so much Brian on stage moving around cry
Anyway i am glad Brian learned peace except "euxaristoume" thank you punk
meds3
meds3
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-04-06

http://looserfreaks.noticeboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down