One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New album- official!

+5
agina
mrsverlaine
adan
Amethyst
Cebo19
9 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

New album- official! - Page 3 Empty Re: New album- official!

Post by adan Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:57 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:
so is with Come Undone-may be the influence of Duran Duran Tongue Tongue Tongue

Or Robbie Williams? whistle I adore Robbie's song Come Undone. wub
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:55 pm

'Too much poison come undone', I think the track is inspired by EYEM... grin
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Moneypenny Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:40 am

adan wrote:
Miss Moneypenny wrote:
so is with Come Undone-may be the influence of Duran Duran Tongue Tongue Tongue

Or Robbie Williams? whistle I adore Robbie's song Come Undone. wub
I don't,but I respect different tastes grin

agina wrote:'Too much poison come undone', I think the track is inspired by EYEM...

Hahahha,that would be so cool laugh
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny
~Starshine Of His~
~Starshine Of His~

Female
Number of posts : 693
Favourite Songs : Twenty Years,The Bitter End,YDCAU,Post blue,Nancy boy,Infra-red,Second sight,Blind
About me : I'm unclean,a libertine :D
Registration date : 2007-12-24

http://www.myspace.com/nicky01071991

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:37 pm

These titles are lovely and I can't wait to hear these songs!!
Hope they won't disappoint me grin

Also, about BFTS, it is indeed better when you listen to it with earphones. I don't know why, but I can imagine it sounding like that during a live too!!
The lyric "Dream brother, my killer, my lover" is really confusing me. I can't make anything out of it...

And one more thing. I am not sure if I have understood correctly; in the box set will be the new album too?
(I should have already bought it... dots )
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Also, about BFTS, it is indeed better when you listen to it with earphones.

I think it is becuz the music engineering work Happy I said it was brilliant Happy everything is much clearer than they used to be, especially the bassline. David Bottrill kicks ass!
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:04 am

From sp (by Pam)

A first review in French :

"Le sixième album studio de Placebo, intitulé Battle for the sun, sortira le 8 juin. Nous avons pu l’entendre en primeur. Ce disque apporte un changement dans le détail (un nouveau producteur: Dave Bottrill à la place de Dimitri Tikovoi “kidnappé” par Sharko et Ghinzu, un nouveau batteur: Steve Forrest) plus qu’une révolution. Sinon celle de revenir avec un disque autrement plus joyeux, ensoleillé, optimiste… que ne l’était Meds.
Battle for the sun se cherche une place au soleil avec des mélodies pop très ensoleillées, où le mur du son guitaristique laisse de la place aux claviers et aux choeurs, le tout sous l’autorité de la voix inimitable de Brian Molko.
De nombreux singles potentiels (”Ashray heart”, “Speak in tongues”, “Happy you’re gone”) nous poussent à penser que ce disque est voué à un succès grand public. Ce n’est ni une insulte, ni un défaut. Brian Molko n’appelle pas ça du rock mais du “hard pop”. On en reparle avec lui début juin.

THIERRY COLJON

Source : http://blogs.lesoir.be/festivals/2009/0 … le-8-juin/

Translation :

"The sixth Placebo studio album, entitled Battle for the sun will be released on the 8th of June. We have heard it. This disc makes a difference in the details (a new producer Dave Bottrill instead of Dimitri Tikovoi "kidnapped" by Sharko Ghinzu and a new drummer: Steve Forrest) more than a revolution, except the return with a disc much more cheerful, sunny, optimistic ... than Meds was.
Battle for the sun is looking for a place in the sun with sunny pop melodies, where the wall of guitar sounds leaves room for the keyboards and vocals, all under the authority of the inimitable voice of Brian Molko.
Many potential singles ( "Ashray heart," "Speak in tongues," "Happy You're Gone") lead us to believe that this disc is devoted to public success. This is neither an insult nor a defect. Brian Molko doesn't call it rock but "hard pop". We will discuss this again with him in early June."

Hard pop? I don't like it at all New album- official! - Page 3 Fearfi2 Though journalists from rocksound associate the album with WYIN which was not an optimistic album New album- official! - Page 3 Sm92
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:43 am

Thx for posting. grin

Come on, we heard BFTS, it's not hard pop. It's Placebo, with all great drumming, guitars and unique vocal.

I'm not afraid they didn't stay the same. grin
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:19 pm

You're welcome, dear Happy

Yes, I know I should not overreact, it's just Brian and the reviewer's impression cry We can rely on our own feelings thumbsup

Btw, from lj

Hi PW,

On behalf of PIAS, Astralwerks and Placebo, many thanks for plugging "Battle For The Sun " (album street date 8th June) ... .. thanks, also, on behalf of the labels and artist for not posting any pirate links to unreleased (studio) material and, if you / your readers want good quality, non-pirated, preview tracks, the title track is available for fans and bloggers to link to / post / host etc until the 13th April at www.placeboworld.co.uk... .. for further details of the new album, on-line promotions, videos and 2009 shows, check-out the band’s site plus www.myspace.com/placebo and www.youtube.com/officialplacebo

Thanks again for your plug.

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF

The title track is available until the 13th April... So if you haven't downloaded BFTS yet, you should hurry up. They can post great news on the 13 of April, probably, they'll apparently change the main page unsure
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:18 pm

Hard POP?!!!omg, that would be thrilling...nonononono, i dont think Brian Molko would like to call something he did with the name of 'hard pop'...omg, that's shocking...
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:57 am

Hm... So we can expect some changes on 13th April? Happy
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:04 am

^ Happy ! i hope so!
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:07 pm

A-ha-ha, that message from WEB SHERIFF dissappeared from LJ laugh He was probably a spammer and the 13 of April is not a deadline grin

More news from the official site. Bionics seem to have been right about the first show for fans punk

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/news/index.html

Placebo can exclusively announce they will play 3 intimate UK warm up dates in May ahead of their summer festival appearances!

Pre-sale tickets will be available via the link below from 9am on Monday 6th April. Make sure you are online early to get your tickets!

Tickets are limited at 4 tickets per sale.

Tickets go on general sale from 9am on Wednesday 8th April

New album- official! - Page 3 Eflyer
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Yay, I hope for some new songs uploaded on YouTube! wizard
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Yay, I hope for some new songs uploaded on YouTube!

I hope so too thumbsup

As for hard pop, maybe Brian joked? rolleyes I remember before he said Placebo was rock and pop music is not good or something no

Btw, a lovely image manipulation from space monkeys' forum laugh

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img17/8022/battleforthesunartwork.jpg
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:31 am

Ha, ha priceless ! laugh
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:50 am

ahahaha, brilliant!

welcome the Jamaica rock band Placebo...
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:02 pm

from sweet-prince.com

I CANT WAIT, SERIOUSLY...

Placebo: Battle For The Sun. The First Review Of Their New Album
Toby Cook, April 7th, 2009 08:04
Trumpets? Handclaps? Epic post rock? Placebo fan Toby Cook is mildly concerned after hearing their new album

‘Kitty Litter’
Let’s be honest, this is a pretty dreadful song title. However, any concerns that it is an indication of the quality of the song itself are dispensed with within about two seconds. The opening track of Placebo’s fifth studio album, Battle For The Sun, goes straight for the carotid artery, and is instantly reminiscent of the band’s more musically aggressive moments like ‘Brick Shithouse’ or ‘Bulletproof Cupid’. A very punk, route-and-octave guitar part opens the track before a gut punching kick-drum leads us into the main body of the tune. One thing that has arguably coloured Placebo’s career, since their eponymous debut, has been an unwillingness to operate as a straight forward rock band, but ‘Kitty Litter’ is for the most part a constant, up-tempo, head-banger. No plinky plonky piano or effects laden guitar parts here, just three guys with three instruments, going for it. That is until a rather ill-judged Bloc Party-esque hand clap interlude. Molko seems up beat – the lyrics express a desire for a particular individual’s attentions, as opposed to the usual laments of how that individual has tormented him.
‘Ashtray Heart’
The intro here is not dissimilar to that of the previous track, and is almost exactly the same tempo, except for the curious decision to include a stylophone part. On the plus side, this is another out and out rock number, again displaying the group’s punkish aesthetic – which may account for the shouted, fist pumping vocal backing, post chorus. It may appear curious that for a track that takes its name from a Captain Beefheart song, there appears to be no reference musically or lyrically to his musical ouevre. Though in the interests of pub quiz trivia, Ashtray Heart was allegedly the band’s original name, before switching to Placebo.
‘Battle For The Sun’
The title track from the LP, and initially a far more familiar sounding Placebo appears. Discordant guitar layers, and anguished vocals, set to rim-shot heavy drums leads to an opening verse which stylistically at least is a kin to the likes of QOTSA; a soundtrack for speeding, top down, along a parched desert highway, straight towards the rapidly setting sun. But then an almighty shift – Placebo go epic, calling to mind Biffy Clyro’s ‘Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies’. Kitchen sink and all is thrown straight in as the chorus erupts, almost out of nothing. Whirling strings and hammering piano notes are shoehorned in with at least two guitar parts. This over-builds to the point where any sort of climax is bound to be slightly disappointing. For those of you familiar with Spaced, Tim (Simon Pegg)’s explanation of masturbation could just as easily be applied to the conclusion of this song.
‘For What It’s Worth’
A very garage rock-esque opening here, with dirty, speaker cone rupturing, distorted bass backing familiar expressions of self-loathing from Molko. By the time we start to get into the track however, again the band change tack again as the tune becomes almost d-beat in its rhythmic make up. What happens at roughly two minutes in, has to go down as one of the most bizarre, and unexplainable thing I have ever heard however: the track stops, and we’re treated to about 5 seconds of (what I’m pretty sure is) the Tetris theme music, before starting again. There is still a part of me that hopes this will not appear on the album when it’s finally released, and that it was simply a ruse to completely dumbfound a room full of hacks. Like the momentarily appearing penis in Fight Club.
‘Devil In The Details’
Although not filler or bad by any means, the songs so far have all felt quite similar and this is no different. One of the beauties of Placebo’s earlier work, especially around Without You I’m Nothing and Black Market Music, was that interspersed between the uptempo, pop-grunge songs, were minimal, down beat affairs like ‘Blue American’ or ‘Burger Queen’. Alarmingly anything resembling this side of the band’s personality seems to be missing so far. Again with ‘Devil In The Details’ we get the starts-odd-then-goes-epic approach. Admittedly, the sustained almost choral synth intro has a very haunting quality and adds a depth to the track.
‘Bright Lights’
The Killers. That’s all I can think for almost the duration of ‘Bright Lights’. Whilst the track is far from being a ‘Mr. Brightside’, with its incessant Casio keyboard noise appearing at every conceivable opportunity, it would only look slightly out of place on Hot Fuzz. Even lyrically this is feels like a lazy effort, with Molko repeating ad-nausum the insipid phrase: “A heart that hurts is a heart that works”. Dreadful.
‘Speak In Tongues’
Subtle, progressive, considered piano notes and driving bass form the backing for a series of delicate, plucked guitar harmonics that make for a welcome change of pace. But, alas it does not last, and before long the tempo is upped and everything becomes grandiose and epic. A lone, hastily strummed guitar marks a break for the chorus, but again it is short lived as everything is thrown in for the crescendo. Curiously, in another moment of journalist-confusing weirdness, the track contains brief moments of what sounds like a mobile phone ringing. So much so that during the playback, all heads pop-up, meerkat like, looking for the culprit.
‘The Never-Ending Why’
At this point I’m starting to ask myself a similar question to Brian. An ode to frustration, ‘The Never-Ending Why’ forces yet more instruments into an already overcrowded mix. As the track progresses, understated vocal harmonies underpin an otherwise melancholic feel and add a much needed cohesion to things. Even though there seems to be little need for it, yet more brass instruments appear as the tune once again broods and swells. This veers into the territory of the post rock epic with moments of, admittedly well engineered, high pitched Mono-esque guitar work.
‘Julien’
Now we seem to be getting somewhere. A very electro, synth bass opening – bringing to mind Meds, ‘Infra-red’ or ‘Blind’. On first listen this could almost be a low-end loop from a drum & bass number. Thankfully the darker, depressive tendencies of the group at last seem to have fought their way through but it doesn’t last for long. Just as the song seems to be unfurling into a genuinely engrossing three or four minute journey into lyrical androgyny - that same driving, kick-drum lead tempo from the opening numbers is back. But this is a good tune and will no doubt be released as a single at a later date.
‘Happy You’re Gone’
The minimal, melancholic opening is a familiar staple of the Without You I’m Nothing days, but soon enough that same driving tempo comes on like the rush of liquid sugar, injected into your eyeballs. No questionable instrumentation this time, but possibly they had a few more hours left with the string section before the money ran out, because as competently arranged as it is, you can’t help but feel that the track (and by extension, the whole album) would have benefited from a less liberal usage of it. Molko seems to be in genuine agony as throat lacerating cries of “every word from you is a lie” sibilate and carve through the ever more consuming noise.
‘Breathe Underwater’
A dirty, garage rock tinged bass line sets things off before swathes of heavily distorted, high key guitar chords introduce what is actually a pretty ballsy rock song. As the track progresses the drums move into some clichéd, but well executed tom work. On an album so far full of often overly contrived, epic jaunts – this is three plus minutes of welcome relief.
‘Come Undone’
Thick, warm, barely distorted guitar chords, and lightly plucked harmonics again invite comparisons in style to Mono. As it meanders its way along we are at last treated to that other staple of the Placebo roster: Molko’s inane ability to make rather naff, schoolboy rhymes sound plausible – on this occasion opting to rhyme ‘toss’ with ‘cross’ and ‘loss..t’. Before long though the track has again built in to an epic, post rock taunting affair, before closing with what sounds like the Tardis appearing. Weird? Yes. Very.
‘Kings Of Medicine’
And thus we reach the final composition of Placebo’s Battle For The Sun odyssey (and this isn't a term I'm using lightly) and an acoustic guitar raises its head timorously. Accompanied at first solely by Molko’s gravelled voice, soon enough he is joined by every instrument that has ever been invented. It seems that the sound of Placebo circa 2009 is one of a thick, almost impenetrable, wall of sound. Muted trumpets, hand claps, stabbed piano keys and that damned Casio all contend for attention. This may well be an audio puzzle to solve with more listens but on first encounter it presented an occasional barrier to enjoyment.
http://community.livejournal.com/placeb … tml#cutid2
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbes6oCwrFc

Ashtray Heart leakage. poor quality but exciting enuf.

AROUSAL.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:21 pm

AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New album- official! - Page 3 Shocked thumbsup

And thanks for the review, Agina kiss
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Will listen Ashtray Heart now. thumbsup

I read on sweet-prince album might be leaked this week or next week! yikes
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 pm

And about that review, I read people don't like it really... I read just some part. I like more to read that thing when I heard song. But, nice to have it posted here anyway. grin
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Catchy... But very repetitive... Same as BFTS laugh , which I like more than this one, for now.

I like the idea having Spanish word in song, I guess that back vocals will sing Stef. grin

I'm not impressed with lyrics, in my opinion, they're very old placebo, something like Pure Morning. And those lyrics on the end, they really didn't need that.

I'm not saying old lyrics are bad, but I like more those from SWG and Meds...
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:26 pm

I like the lyrics. Especially this part (from sp)

I tore the muscle from your chest
And used it to stub out cigarettes
I listened to your screams of pleasure
And I watched the bed sheets turn blood red

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sexy and agressive cool1

And guys from yourtube say the Spanish line is 'cenicero, cenicero, mi corazon de cenicero' New album- official! - Page 3 Jawdrop New album- official! - Page 3 Love Maybe it is the song Stef composed completely? New album- official! - Page 3 Crazy

I like the song more than BFTS. Though it's very repetitive but repetitive words are not so obtrusive. Need to hear it in good quality to judge anyway Happy
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:32 am

Thanks for the link , will listen now . thumbsup
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:49 am

so that's spanish words? OMG I thought it was Japanese.

omgomgomg so I'm right...the lyrics made me doubt that it might be Stef's work...and I really f**king love this song, it's a retrospection to the sweet early years of the band...high pitched guitar, weird but pressing vocal plus fast paced drums, hasty thirsty lusty...XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Someone from SP wrote down the lyrics. It reminds me of Song To Say Goodbye and EYEM. I really think it's a Stef retelling the story of Brian.

You are birth and you are waste???
  You are the one who took my place
  You took a jump into forever
  A leap of faith I could not take

And it was
  A promise that I could not make

My ashtray heart x3

You were alone before we met
  No more forlorn than one could get
  How could we know we had found treasure
  How sinister and how correct

And it was

My ashtray hear x6

I tore the muscle from your chest
  And used it to stub out cigarettes
  I listened to your screams of pleasure
  And I watched the bed sheets turn blood red

My ashtray hear x6

agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum