One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New album- official!

+5
agina
mrsverlaine
adan
Amethyst
Cebo19
9 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

New album- official! Empty New album- official!

Post by Cebo19 Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:28 pm

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/

"NEW ALBUM
'Battle For The Sun'
Release 8th June."
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

New album- official! Empty Re: New album- official!

Post by Amethyst Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Yeah, finnaly grin I like the title a lot Happy !

There will be a worldwide exclusive play of the title track 'Battle For The Sun' this week on Zane Lowe's BBC Radio 1 show at around 7.00pm on Tuesday 17th March so make sure you tune in and listen out for any special announcements!

The album will be released on download, CD, limited edition CD + DVD, LP and a very limited special Deluxe Box Set! You can pre-order the Box Set now by clicking here. The first 500 copies of the Box Set ordered will be hand signed by the band!!

We are going to hide 5 Golden Laminate passes inside 5 of the Box Sets - 1 per continent. The Golden Laminate will win you and a guest an amazing VIP day with Placebo. You'll come to a gig within your country, we'll provide 2 nights accommodation and you'll get to watch the band soundcheck, have dinner with Brian, Stef and Steve at the venue before finally watching the show from side stage...!

To be true, the last paragraph reminds me of the case when some years ago Shania Twine's managment offered to win a day with her and a night in the hotel room next to hers or something confused
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:05 am

Finally, finally, finallllllllllllllly some news!!! w00t

I like album title. And artwork on official page. I don't like the fact there's a song on album titled as album. I don't know why, but I just don't like that thing. :/ But never mind.

Sooooooo, we can hear song in Thursday? w00t Maybe on Radio 1 internet page? What do you think will that song be on the internet day later or something like that?

Can't wait for 8th June! wizard
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:06 am

Ooh, I 'll have to have that box set, will mean stravation for weeks though ! w00t
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:50 am

it is so fucking cool. grin

I love the title.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:31 pm

adan wrote:Sooooooo, we can hear song in Thursday? w00t Maybe on Radio 1 internet page? What do you think will that song be on the internet day later or something like that?

Yeah, you can hear it online
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio
I still hope somebody will rip the song and upload for those who won't be online at the moment of the play blush

Btw, if you buy a Deluxe Box Set, how soon it will be delivered? Will it be before the official release of the album on the 8 of June or after it? unsure
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 am

the next thing I'm gonna do after i get the test finished tomorrow afternoon is dashing back home and turn on my laptop then open BBC website...a hahaha
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Amethyst wrote:
I still hope somebody will rip the song and upload for those who won't be online at the moment of the play blush

I hope so too because I already know that I won't be at home at the time they'll be airing the song.

sad
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Song will be played tonight, right?

I hope also. I'll try to listen it, but right now I'm not at home and here is internet really slow, so I can't listen radio online. And I saw that show least 2h, that's a lot to wait for song.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Well, I've just listened to the song online and I can't say I adore it already. It's rocky though. Maybe I'm too exicted at the moment and it will grow on me later.

You can download it from the official site for free grin
http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/index.html
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:46 pm

^ Exactly the same opinion from me also!

I can't believe they put it on official site as free download! Well done Placebo!
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:48 pm

Do you like the song? grin I've received a letter from the official site but the link there doesn't work ...

updated: I've just started downloading rolleyes

I do like a lot this new artwork Happy
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:17 pm

I downloaded it from another link, posted on sweet-prince, because PlaceboWorld is too busy! laugh

At first, just ok, now better then ok. Needs a few more listening. Good drums and guitars, standard vocal. Just sound like a broken record in some parts. laugh I, I, I, I laugh

I also like artwork veryyyyyy much. wub
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:24 pm

To me drums sound like Robert's grin

I've saved the artwork blush
New album- official! Battleforthesunsingle
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:10 am

Caught the last minute of it, he does like to repeat himself doesn,t he, laugh but I think it's got a good beat, love the drumming too, was much better than I was expecting . grin
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:07 pm

well things are different...but I do adore this song. i do recommend listening it by earphones...the engineering work is bloody brilliant, i was just astonished by the change...too progressive for me to realize that is PLACEBO. well it doesnt matter, i'm just into it love

but i dont like the lyric part as the song...it kinda shocked me, is that molko's work? It seems something's missing...

whatever, i cant wait to hear the whole album...

P.S. the drum is...impressive.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm

When I heard the song on Radio 1, I was like, ok...

But, listening it on iPod is really amazing. Drums are great!

I see people all around are giving positive comments, and I'm happy because of that, because I feel that way also.

Can't wait for new album.

I think they just stayed Placebo, which is exactly what I wanted. love
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 pm

^ that's exactly how i feel

this new sound of Placebo is amazing.

And Brian said something as follow:

the band had made an album “about choosing life, about choosing to live, about stepping out of the darkness and into the light”.He added: Not necessarily turning your back on the darkness because it’s there, it’s essential; it’s a part of who you are, but more about the choice of standing in the sunlight instead.

I felt like crying as soon as I read it. Six years have passed since I fell for their music for the first time, we got changed and reshaped, made numerous progresses at the same time, became more mature than we used to be, finally understand all the stuff that we had to shoulder. Placebo is the band witnessing me growing up, conversely, me the same. And I feel really, really proud of it, of being their fan for so long. cry I love them and I really cant wait to hear the new album.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:43 pm

That's why we love them. love
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:25 pm

The link is from the space monkeys' forum and sp
http://www.rocksound.tv/news/article/placebo-take-on-the-sun

Placebo have unveiled details of their new album ‘Battle For The Sun’.

At an exclusive secret gig held last night in London, Brian Molko and co played a number of new songs from the album including the tracks Ashtray Heart’, ‘Julian’, ‘Kitty Litter’, and ‘Devil’s In The Details’. They also covered Nik Kershaw’s 84 hit ‘Wouldn’t It Be Good’.
Frontman Brian Molko told Rock Sound: “We’re very excited about the new album, and my favourite track is ‘Speaking In Tongues’, but don’t let that influence you!”
Rock Sound reckons the new album is a heavier-sounding record compared to its predecessor ‘Meds’ and is a return to the earlier sounds from ‘Without You I’m Nothing’. There are also string arrangements present on the new tracks that give it a more experimental and epic direction.

Expect a release on June 8 and fans can get the title track as a Free download from the band's official site by clicking the link below.

Ashtray Heart? WTF? It must be a very old song from 90's unsure It was their prevoius name sleep
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelys Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Amethyst wrote:
Ashtray Heart? WTF? It must be a very old song from 90's unsure It was their prevoius name sleep
It could be just happy memories then :wink: Or maybe not that happy.

As for the single, I downloaded it just now, listened four times in a row(yeah, crazy laugh) and think it's great! Very repetitive, but it has the Placebo atmosphere. It sounded familliar to me from the very first listen, it reminded me of some song, and then I remembered- Broken Promise. I don't know why, but I think these two songs have the same atmosphere. Although they are completely different of course. Heck, does this make any sense? rolleyes
Katelys
Katelys
dreamfaller
dreamfaller

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Favourite Songs : Second sight,This picture,Protege moi,Twenty years,In the cold light of morning

http://www.myspace.com/katelys

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:29 am

Oh, we have some titles now! Great! I hope we'll see whole list of the songs soon, but this was unexpected also.

I love they named song Ashtray Heart, for old memories. grin I don't think it's old song.

I'm not sure about other song names. noexpression I like only ‘Speaking In Tongues’, but we need to hear songs first, that's for sure.

And I know I liked name Battle For The Sun, right after I found out about it. <3
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:23 am

Kitty Litter, it's got to be a joke, hasn't it ? laugh
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am

Ashtray heart!!!! wow good old memories! and back to WYIN...god i'm so happy...

I cant wait!
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:18 pm

adan wrote:I love they named song Ashtray Heart, for old memories. grin I don't think it's old song.
Oh, no. Then they probably want to grab attention of old school fans. I'd like it to be an old song. I imagine it sounds like Eyesight to the blind or Ask for answers, awwwww wub

As for other titles, I like Julian the most. Maybe because I just like this name a lot. But to be true, I cannot remember any serious songs named after boys names. Only Jeremy by Pearl Jam. The rest that come to my mind are silly.

Girls, sorry for the stupid question, but what is Kitty Litter? cry Is it some food? confused

Another article about the secret gig
http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/track-of-the-day-placebo/

On Tuesday 17th we were summoned to a fourth-floor rehearsal studio located on an industrial estate in South London, and the new line-up of Placebo, augmented by a keyboard/violinist and two guitarists, proceeded to blast out the majority of their new album (out in June) for our delectation. A proper full-scale production rehearsal witnessed close-up is an awesome spectacle at the best of times, but with Placebo on this form it was simply stunning. Steve Forrest, on the tattoo front pretty much half man-half ink, showcased his percussive talents magnificently, Stefan (referred to by Brian as “The glue that keeps this band together”) switched to guitar on occasion, while the addition of violin adds yet more depth to the increasingly dense wall-of-sound that the band have developed over the years - most recently with Battle For The Sun’s producer Dave Botrill (Tool) and final mixer Alan Moulder (My Bloody Valentine, NIN). Brian, looking healthy, seemed relaxed and chatty throughout, and finished off proceedings with a dazzling assault on Nik Kershaw’s guilty eighties pleasure Wouldn’t It Be Good.

Last edited by Amethyst on Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum