One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New album- official!

+5
agina
mrsverlaine
adan
Amethyst
Cebo19
9 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

New album- official! - Page 11 Empty Re: New album- official!

Post by Amethyst Thu May 28, 2009 7:48 am

mrsverlaine wrote:But what puzzles me is he doesn't mention his son or partner
I noticed it too and it made me think he had parted with Helena and it's awful and sad sad

a lot of ppl talking about his meet with Cody & Helena in Paris not very long before their promo for the new album, which means Cody is currently living in Paris
It doesn't prove anything. Brian always spent a lot of time in Paris too. Remember those pictures of him and Helena in the zoo of Paris and rumours about Brian recording his solo album in France. And maybe France is not Helena's pernament residence, maybe her relatives live there or something... Though this interview made me think they really had parted.

suggest that Brian should marry Stef
Noooo, Stef is taken, he even wears something like a wedding ring on his finger laugh and Brian prefers girls mostly.
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Thu May 28, 2009 7:55 am

He could change his mind !!!! laugh
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 am

^ haha i was just kidding but Stef means too much for Brian - - as a medical treatment they should be bond together forever, coz band members cannot be together permanently...

Is that really a wedding ring? i doubt it coz he changed the rings from time to time and there's a period he didnt wear rings at all. ummm.

and for Helena...i like her quite much coz she's unique in personality and seems nice and kind, however i felt the same that they were apart from each other which made me a bit sad.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Amethyst wrote:There are rumours that it will be almost impossible to rip the album on Friday, we can only listen to it but cannot rip cry

Oh, nooooooooooooooo... I have problem about that. I didn't get any conformation from PlaceboWorld and I register there with two e-mails and nothing, not even one message... How they were contact you?
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 4:13 pm

About that performance of FWIW, very good, I like how Brian act there, he looked somehow very manly to me, with those legs moves. laugh Even the hair is still there.

He was singing it very well, and backvocals are definitely recorded.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 4:21 pm

I'll read that interview a bit later, it seems very different. ohmy
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu May 28, 2009 5:51 pm

^ yeah totally different, i honor it the most shocking interview i've ever read.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu May 28, 2009 7:04 pm

Is that really a wedding ring?

No, I joked but, you know, gay marriages are allowed in Spain New album- official! - Page 11 Sm92

adan wrote:I didn't get any conformation from PlaceboWorld and I register there with two e-mails and nothing, not even one message... How they were contact you?
You don't need any confirmation. Check out your emails right now, you must see a letter with instructions from placeboworld (I received them). If you don't find any letters, maybe I can give you my registration email and the code for a few listens? I signed up with 2 mails so I can listen to the album 10 times (hopefully cry ) but I'm not sure I'll have enough time to use all of them. Still hope for the rip devil

Here are the details

You can login to the playback 5 times from 9am on Friday 29th May until midnight Sunday 31st May.
Each login session allows you to listen to the complete album from start to finish!
Once the track finishes click the next button to continue to the next song.
You cannot pause or go back until your next login - so make sure you have time to enjoy the whole album!!
If you leave your listening session inactive for more than 15 minutes then you will be logged out and will miss out on one of your 5 playbacks!

http://placeboworld.co.uk/mynews.php?id=61
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 7:36 pm

No, I can't believe on my two e-mails no any letter from PlaceboWorld there! no I might try with third also...

Amethyst wrote:
If you don't find any letters, maybe I can give you my registration email and the code for a few listens?

I'd really appreciate that. One or two listens, and I'd be happy!

They're a bit strict with all those rules, but I understand them. Reading that thing at the end, when they nicely asked to not copy their music, I said to myself, well I don't need leak. But, I want it so much! laugh That would be very unusual situation if they really keep album till it will be realized.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 8:06 pm

I read the interview! It's great, interviews usually don't tell much, but this one did!

Meds - first sober tour - wow, and my first time to see them live.

And really shocking think about Steve, they kept their disagreement inside of band away from the eyes of public. And the thing he couldn't look Steve in the eyes makes me to think the song Happy You're Gone is about him, you know the line "Now I can look you in the eye".

Yeah, I'd also want he mentioned Cody or Helena, I like them, I like Brian as a family man.

I like Stefan's rings btw, he always wears a nice ring. grin
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 8:44 pm

I tried with my third e-mail now and I got code in one second! Yay! Happy ! Happy now! fun
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu May 28, 2009 8:49 pm

Now, where I should log in, I don't see such place for now on PlaceboWorld. I read earlier something like we'll must long in today, and then again tomorrow... Or I should just log in tomorrow morning?

Edit: I see now, they gave us a link...

Edit again laugh : I got two more codes. laugh Which means I have three now. No way I'll spend that all.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu May 28, 2009 9:11 pm

haha, i got the code too...well, 13 hours to go.

about the interview, fans on other forum were disputing over the split with Steve...the point is whether Brian Molko is a hypocritical bitch or a rather vulnerable boy who confessed with candid and bravery. Personally I dont agree with either side coz it's no of our business, no one actually knows what happened. But still i'm inclined to believe that Brian was ingenuous in the interview.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Thu May 28, 2009 9:30 pm

The interview seems quite sincere... him talking about the addiction and depression.

Btw. I've recieved my code also, just now. Happy !
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu May 28, 2009 10:07 pm

Nada, congratulations thumbsup You have 15 listens now, lucky grin

I still feel very, very about the interview. And the split thing, I don't blame neither. And I understand Brian perfectly.
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Fri May 29, 2009 5:50 am

I feel like I understand Brian a lot better after the interview, and I understand the depression thing, there's a history of depression in my family. My sister is the worst affected, it's not good for her to be alone, because she startes to think about things too much, so she always keeps herself busy. So what Brian says makes sense. I can understand why he was too scared to tell Steve to his face, but for Steve to be that bad ? ! I'd still like to hear his side of the story.
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri May 29, 2009 6:36 am

^ Yeah exactly, what he said about his depression and the childhood did make sense. I dont think Steve would even be willing to respond...
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri May 29, 2009 2:52 pm

My first listen is over.

Bright Lights and Kings Of Medicine are great surprises! wub

Julien is weird at start, disco sound. laugh It gets better later.

Happy You're Gone is better live in my opinion. Speak in Tongues is the same quality, very good. Also the same thing with Come Undone.

Awwwww, love them. wub
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri May 29, 2009 4:28 pm

The rip has come punk So I'm listining now. I like Kitty Litter a lot.
http://rapidshare.com/files/238539060/Placebo_-_Battle_For_The_Sun__2009_.rar

The beggining of Julien sounds like a song of a Russian band 'Tokio' sleep Compare. Very similar? rolleyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9h92RxpPnw

The end of Julien and Speaking In Tongues sound like in live versions, so I like them. And also Come Undone is like WYIN #2 for me.
Kings of Medicine is like a soundtrack to a fairytale movie, I mean the music, not lyrics laugh
Stef sings in Breath Underwater?
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri May 29, 2009 8:27 pm

I love the entire stuff. The songs are just incredible.

Now the songs i keep listening to are Bright Lights, Breathe Underwater and Kings Of Medicine. All of them are much greater than I ever considered.

Well my favorite still goes to Kitty Litter, the album version sounds even better than live.

Well i'm too excited to do anything else but listening to the album and being addicted. I should focus on my upcoming test...errrrrr

I think I understand the songs better after reading that interview...and I do understand what conceptual album means. A million thanks to Brian, Stef, Stevie and the whole team who contributed to BFTS. They are the best.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri May 29, 2009 11:54 pm

Today the For what it's worth single is out in Germany (and maybe in some other contries), it includes FWIW, Wouldn't it be good and a demo version of FWIW. My friend bought it and she said the liked the demo the most of all grin I also found a rip of single and the demo actually sounds like that acoustic version of the song they played recently.
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Sat May 30, 2009 1:47 am

The official date in the Uk is Monday, I ordered mine from HMV and it was dispatched my email said Thursday, I should have it anyday, but I'm sure it only has the single version and Wouldn't It Be Good, so the Uk doesn't get the demo, I suppose that's fair, they have more support in Germany. I don't think the UK is very fair to Placebo at all, people are like sheep, and the press is more preoccurpied with people like Lily Allen, than serious artists !
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat May 30, 2009 10:57 am

mrsverlaine wrote:so the Uk doesn't get the demo, I suppose that's fair, they have more support in Germany.
But they wrote on the official site that the demo would be included in the single. Maybe it's also because Germany has very strict laws regarding illegal downloads and illegal CDs. My friend is scared of downloading from the net. She saved money for the legal single and the album for a long time.

I don't think the UK is very fair to Placebo at all, people are like sheep, and the press is more preoccurpied with people like Lily Allen, than serious artists !
Oh, I didn't know it. It's weird counting that the UK is their home.
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:53 am

I was wrong even though it didn't include it in the discription, the demo is there, I received my single yesterday, and I'm very pleased, I like that version a lot.
Yeah they are very understated, the music stations I have haven't shown the videos once, nor the single on the radio apart from the nights it wa played as that first promotion. Even C4 who are one of the UK's best stations haven't aired the video , it's quite disapointing because in 2006, they got quite a lot of TV coverage. In the UK they like to have someone new all the time it seems !
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:38 am

Ha, the video was actually shown on E4 this morning, I was flicking channels this morning and it was on their Anything Goes show, it cheered me up immensely after a crap weekend ! grin
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum