One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steven Hewitt left the band!!!

+8
ekyssia
Katelys
Stefler
MarG
Amethyst
Sabiine
BrokenSoulmate
Cebo19
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steven Hewitt left the band!!! Empty Steven Hewitt left the band!!!

Post by Cebo19 Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:33 pm

I'm devastated!!! cry

PLACEBO PART COMPANY WITH DRUMMER STEVE HEWITT

Placebo have parted company with drummer of 11 years, Steve Hewitt, due to personal and musical differences.

Brian Molko commented "Being in a band is very much like being in a marriage, and in couples - in this case a triple - people can grow apart over the years. To say that you don't love your partner anymore is inaccurate, considering all that you've been through and achieved together. There simply comes a point when you realize that you want different things from your relationship and that you can no longer live under the same roof, so to speak."

The split is amicable and a sad time for both parties. Steve Hewitt replaced Robert Schultzberg behind the drum kit in 1996 whilst the band were promoting Placebo’s eponymous debut album and went on to record the following 4 studio albums ‘Without You I’m Nothing’, ‘Black Market Music’, ‘Sleeping With Ghosts’ and most recently ‘Meds’.

Placebo have just returned from the USA where they were part of the high profile ‘Projekt Revolution Tour’ alongside Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance. The band are now taking a well earned break.

Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal will begin work on Placebo’s 6th studio album next Spring and are in no rush to find an immediate replacement

<TRAGEDY>
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Steven Hewitt left the band!!! Empty Re: Steven Hewitt left the band!!!

Post by BrokenSoulmate Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:40 pm

Just seen it and wanted to post...

Can't say anything right now
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 449
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiine Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:42 pm

How could he do this?!

I just can't stop crying cry
Sabiine
Sabiine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-27

http://www.myspace.com/sabiine111191

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:47 pm

Please, say it isn't true!!! <begs>
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:00 pm

Well, I read it all already. It's awful cry cry cry

But sorry for my blurry thoughts. We could expect it because I noticed over the last year Steve had kept away from Brian and Stefan.

Before he gave interviews and they appeared together more often. But now you see Steve didn't give interviews this year. Brian and Stef were without Steve during the PR interview, they annouced RUTH without Steve too etc And at first they said somewhere they wanted to start recording the next album in 2007 but then Steve said the album would be out in 2009-10. So he didn't want to go to the studio. Or does it all seem to me and he was like usual?

Probably he's just tired of popularity, maybe he wants a quiet life. Sometimes you need a year to change your habits, veiws and preferences. And Steve was with Placebo for over 11 years. It's a long period. I liked my job before too and now I don't like it anymore. Maybe Steve feels the same. And it's not because he dislikes Brian and Stef. He's just changed and he needs another type of life. So I don't blame him.

I hope it doesn't mean the end of Placebo. If Steve doesn't want the band anymore, if he tries to force himself to be there, it won't be good too. It's good if the music is played not only professionally but also lovingly. Apparently he doesn't want to do this all. Maybe another drummer will fit the band in the next stage of their development more.

Though I don't know what came beetween them, it's just my lame thoughts.

And girls, remember he can change his mind at any moment. A lot of bands and couples split up and afterwards come together again. Steve may want to join the band again.

Last edited by on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:25 pm

Well, I share you're opinion in most points, Katya. Though I'm not too sure about your thought regarding the interviews and about changing his mind (sorry). But all the rest were my thoughts, too.

I don't think it was easy to make this decision. But I'm sure he had some good reasons for it (whatever they are).

But it's all speculation.

I find it sad and it's strange to imagine Placebo without him, but it's his decision and we have to accept it.
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:00 pm

Yes, I saw it tomorrow in the morning.

Well, that's really bad new, but that's reality. And I think that's not the end. They just find another drummer and continue their work.

I'm very pissed off by so-called fans who say that Brian and Stef are motherfuckers, that they are nothing without Steve, that they should stop Placebo.

OMG, that's not end. Everybody knows that Brian and Stef are the base of the group, they are its founders, they create most part of the music.

Of course, that's really bad news that they don't work together anymore. Steve is great drummer, we all love him, but any way that's reality. So much time passed after their start. They changed a lot. Simply they decided that they can't work together anymore. That's their right to decide. And our right is to decide listen to them or not after Steve left. I will be with Placebo no matter what
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Favourite Songs : Plasticine, Soulmates, I know, Post blue, Special K, Twenty years, Taste in men and so many others..
Registration date : 2007-03-14

http://www.myspace.com/marineea

Back to top Go down

Post by Stefler Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi Friends!cry

One the news was real like a hammer blow today morning. I did not know at all whether I it should believe or not. I was totally turned up. But now my pulse is normal again and we must resign ourselves to how Melanie already said. One can hope only for the future. Should Brian and Stef recover now first and consist then in complete silence and consider how it should go on.
Stefler
Stefler
Member Cool
Member Cool

Male
Number of posts : 84
Favourite Songs : The Crawl,Leni,ESR,WYIN
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelys Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:40 pm

i don't see a reason why this should be the end of Placebo. maybe it'll sound a bit awkward, but he was just a drummer. don't take me wrong,but it would have been much worse if stef or brian had left the band. they are the song-writers in most cases.
Katelys
Katelys
dreamfaller
dreamfaller

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Favourite Songs : Second sight,This picture,Protege moi,Twenty years,In the cold light of morning

http://www.myspace.com/katelys

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 pm

Katelys wrote:i don't see a reason why this should be the end of Placebo.

I totally agree. I was wondering how people come to that when I read it everywhere. I refuse to say that Steve is (was) "just the drummer" but actually I have to admit that it probably is like that. But for me it doesn't seem to be fair to say that as Placebo is (was) Brian, Stef and STEVE.
But when it comes to songwriting it's true that the main part comes from Brian and Stefan. Also at the shows it's always been more about Brian and Stef. But that's the destiny of all drummers: to sit at the back of the stage.
Nevertheless he is (was) 1/3 of Placebo.

Let's hope that the "replacement" (I hate that word in this context) will be straight otherwise the balance of the band would be out of order laugh
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ekyssia Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:06 pm

I can't think/say anything right now.. I'm sooo sad....

Last edited by on Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
ekyssia
ekyssia
Passive Aggressive
Passive Aggressive

Female
Number of posts : 395
Favourite Songs : The Bitter End, Days Before You Came, I Know, Bruise Pristine, Ask For Answers, Space Monkey..
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:09 pm

Everything changes. It's the next page of Placebo, without Steve.

I see on other forums so many fans shitting on Brian and Stef instead of supporting them sad We all lose friends, stop getting along, find new friends etc. A lot of people went through the same. C'est la vie. It's not the end of the world.

And I don't think it's the end of Placebo too yes1
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by ekyssia Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:41 pm

of course it's not the end of Placebo.. but I just can't imagine them without Steve.. I'm so sad.. sad
I don't blame any of them.. it's their decision.. probably something really bad happened if they just can't stay with each other anymore.. I wonder what will Steve do..
dammit.. I've been so depressed all day .. Steven Hewitt left the band!!! Bawling
ekyssia
ekyssia
Passive Aggressive
Passive Aggressive

Female
Number of posts : 395
Favourite Songs : The Bitter End, Days Before You Came, I Know, Bruise Pristine, Ask For Answers, Space Monkey..
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:00 pm

I wonder what will Steve do..
It's rumoured he wants to make a project in drum'n'bass style hmm
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:21 pm

Amethyst wrote:It's rumoured he wants to make a project in drum'n'bass style hmm

Now that you say that: I've read something like this some months ago. But I can't remember the details nor where I've read it... Maybe I can find it again.

Edit: Found it

Finally, later in the year I am set to record on
the debut album by Placebo's drummer Steve Hewitt - "Ancient B." This
will feature Robert Smith of The Cure on vocals.

I'm also playing with the brilliant John Smith at my favourite
UK festival, The Green Man in the magnificent Brecon Beacons on August
17th. The autumn brings recording projects with Robert Miles/Robert
Fripp, and a long awaited project with Steve Hewitt from Placebo.
source: http://www.jonthorne.co.uk/index.php?id=14
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:44 pm

I so did not expected something like this. I'm few days off the net because of Uni, I come and see this... sad I must admit that I'm sad because of that. Lately I really like them as a band and also I like Steve, so... I don't have anything smart to add, all has been said. I think they'll hard find replacement. Now is clear why we didn't have update on official site for so long, and that was really unusual. It's clear that something was wrong inside of the band...

Can I ask one question? How would you all react if the news were that Stefan is leaving the band? Would that be end of Placebo?
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelys Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:53 pm

adan wrote:How would you all react if the news were that Stefan is leaving the band? Would that be end of Placebo?
well,i would say;it's the end of Placebo we know. I don't think they'll change their style now that Steve left,but if it would be Stefan..i think that would be a bigger change.
Katelys
Katelys
dreamfaller
dreamfaller

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Favourite Songs : Second sight,This picture,Protege moi,Twenty years,In the cold light of morning

http://www.myspace.com/katelys

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSoulmate Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Well, I think when Stefan would have left the band it might have a bigger effect on Placebo. As I said before he was more involved in songwriting and the show on stage. I think at least the shows would be different as I'm sure the "replacement" for him wouldn't want to copy him (I don't want to say that the one who will "replace" Steve wants to copy him, but as a drummer there aren't so many possibilties of acting on stage).
BrokenSoulmate
BrokenSoulmate
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:01 pm

BrokenSoulmate wrote:Now that you say that: I've read something like this some months ago. But I can't remember the details nor where I've read it... Maybe I can find it again.

Edit: Found it
I read it several months ago and I didn't expect Steve to do something like that. That "Ancient B" seemed unbelievable to me. And I don't think Steve's side-project is a reason of his leaving.

You know at first I thought Steve had left because he was tired of popularity, of Placebo schedule, but now after reading the announcement from the offcicial site it seems to me that Steve quarreled with Brian or they are not so close like they were before hmm

How would you all react if the news were that Stefan is leaving the band? Would that be end of Placebo?
I think Placebo can exist untill Brian is a vocalist and he can write songs as his voice is the most significant part of Placebo, to me. If Stef leaves, it will be more noticeable, of course, live shows will be less outstanding. And the band will lose another part of their charm. Maybe Brian will not want Placebo without Stefan since Stefan also helps him in all those mass media aspects. He gives interviews, communicate with fans etc.

I still hope they are still good friends weep
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:13 pm

Just read the question, what will it be if Stef leave Placebo

Well, I think, Placebo can't exsist only without one person - Brian. The leader, the vocalist, performer, main composer of the bent. Of coure, Stef will be bigger loss then Steve if to say about songwriting.

Though, is Stef and Steve leave, that wint be Placebo, but solo Brian work, which I don't thing be a big diference from Placebo

Well, I'm tired about discusions about Steve and his decision. Lets wait for a wile, give new Placebo a chance to show, what can they do Happy

I support them in everything :wink:
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female
Favourite Songs : Plasticine, Soulmates, I know, Post blue, Special K, Twenty years, Taste in men and so many others..

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:25 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't have the courage to read everything you discussed...
I am just so out of words about this, frustrated and tired of my routine closedeyes
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:08 pm

I think we didn't comment at all the thing Brian mentioned that they'll start working on a new album on spring.

To me, when he said that on the end, it sound like let's say something nice, after you are in shock about hearing Steve will leave the band. Still it's always nice to hear something about new album, it gives you hope. I hope they'll stay on their way...
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:44 pm

I hope they mentioned the new album not only to comfort fans and they are really going to work at it in spring as they say. This news makes me glad yes1
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:33 am

^Me too bounce
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:16 pm

Amethyst wrote:I hope they mentioned the new album not only to comfort fans and they are really going to work at it in spring as they say. This news makes me glad yes1

I was searching sth abt Steve's side project and happened to find this site, then registered. its really sad for all the ppl who love PLACEBO for yrs. and when i learned the news , i just cant comment abt it and i didnt want to blame anyone. I dont think Steve had quarreld with Bri , they knew each other for decades and the relationship between them's even longer than Bri and Stef's. During PR shows , the three worked quite hard not only for the goal to conquer America but also, in my opnion, for they'd all known it was the last time they performed as one clearly before they started the PR shows. and it really hurts me a lot.

due to the reasons they declared , i prefer to believe it though it's kinda artificial and unpersuasive... honestly speaking , drum & bass , and electronic dance kinda music, well sth like Stefan's side project just made me a little bit sick...but it 's his choice and decision after deep thinking, we'll gonna respect and bless.

well but its not the end of the band at all, for me , split of Bri and Stef is sth beyond my imagination and i do pray it never come ture. at least they assured us with the new album and its really good news after all...

its a hard time for all the ppl, just wait and trust. everything's gonna be all right .
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next