One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random News

+21
Miss Moneypenny
Cebo19
agina
adan
ekyssia
beast_in_repose
Sabiine
liquid_blue
over_end
lepcabo
BrokenSoulmate
Molkania
Amethyst
Katelys
MarG
Admin
lllazarus
eniidnu
funny Valentine
Levy
25 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Random News - Page 9 Empty Re: Random News

Post by adan Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 pm

The concert will provide content for a series of television programmes produced by MTV EXIT to be broadcast in Cambodia and on MTV channels internationally. These specials will combine concert footage with important information about human trafficking. All MTV EXIT television programming is produced rights-free and free of charge for all broadcasters and organisations.

But when it'll be broadcast? confused

Source: http://www.music-news.com/ShowNews.asp?nItemID=22483&bPrint=1
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:17 pm

It depends on your and Cambodian time zone unsure Anyway, don't worry, I'm sure somebody will rip Placebo performance and upload it for us yes1
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:25 pm

^cool. i guess i'm in the same time zone with Cambodia...
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:39 pm

Amethyst wrote:It depends on your and Cambodian time zone unsure Anyway, don't worry, I'm sure somebody will rip Placebo performance and upload it for us yes1

Oh, yes, now I realized that.

I hope for that. Happy !
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:51 pm

Source:http://www.beherenow.cn/viewthread.php?tid=25634&pid=362071&page=1&extra=page%3D1#pid362071

Random News - Page 9 Placebo-1-Copyright-Joseph-

other photos:http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/archive/Angkor_Wat.html

Here comes the new vid:before the show:http://uk.youtube.com/user/officialplacebo
Brian's interview:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3tBedrND8,
20 yrs new version:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh49Cjw3JuI
interview after show, Brian introduced the newbie, then Stef hugged him:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xXx91aiNk_c

Other info:“Et apparement il a des nouvelles version de MEDS, TEENAGE ANGST, PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE, 20 YEARS and HANG ON TO YOUR IQ”
"New Version of Meds, Teenage Angst, Passive Aggressive, 20 yrs and Hang on to your iq"
Source:http://community.livejournal.com/placebowhores/

“c'était un concert que nous pouvons qualifier de semi acoustic ...
par conséquent pas besoin d'alex (qui plus est qu'il ne joue pas de violon)
Alex qui n'est pas encore enterré (à en entendre certains, il est pas 6 pieds sous terre) ... est un musicien additionel. Il a l'habitude de changer de groupe en fonction des tournées etc ... et comme la dernière c'est admirablement bien passé ... il est possible de le revoir sur la prochaine (ce qui d'un point de vue perso, me ferai très très plaisir)

la musicienne additionelle a jouer du violon et du xilophone, mais rien n'indique à ce jour qu'elle soit présente sur une tournée entière ... quoi que nous devrions voir du neuf sur le tour 2009 ... notamment avec des instruments "nouveaux" des instru à vents notamment ...”

The show could be seen as half acoustic, so they dont need Alex Lee. He's not leaving the team, just made a little change , try some new stuff with other bands, we may see him on stage in this coming tour.

A new female member who played violin or something, we dont know whether she's a temporary member or will be in the line-up of 2009 tour.(Sorry, I'm not sure about the source)

“En parlant des deux petits nouveaux, je serais quand même curieuse de connaître leur statut respectif. D'après les rares news qu'on a eu, l'album a été composé par Stefan et Brian principalement. Steve Forrest et La Musicienne contribuent donc a priori de la même manière (jouer avec eux ; peut-être que Steve Forrest a été musicien de studio et pas elle, mais finalement ça change pas grand chose). Alors à votre avis, Steve Forrest va être considéré comme un membre de Placebo, et La Musicienne comme "musicienne additionnelle" seulement ? Si c'est le cas, je comprends pas bien ? Est-ce que dans leur conception d'un groupe de rock il faut nécessairement un batteur ? ”

"The new album's mainly composed by Brian and Stef, Steve and the female musician just helped the band in a similar way. Maybe Steve Forrest was considered as one of the formal line-up, and the woman as additional member?" (un-confirmed source)

The English version was not directly translated from French but from Chinese, one of our forum member translated the original French for us and I did a second-hand work here...Happy
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:49 pm

agina wrote:interview after show, Brian introduced the newbie, then Stef hugged him:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xXx91aiNk_c
he-he, I liked it grin And Twenty years sounds interesting.
Stefan, cut your hair, please shutup2

The show could be seen as half acoustic, so they dont need Alex Lee. He's not leaving the team, just made a little change , try some new stuff with other bands, we may see him on stage in this coming tour.
ohhh Happy Happy Happy And it will fine to see the girl with them onstage too.

Thanks for this!
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

PLACEBO ANNOUNCE MORE SUMMER FESTIVAL DATES!!

Placebo have been confirmed to play at Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park festivals, Germany, over the weekend 5-7 June 2009. Exact performance dates and times will be announced shortly. Other acts confirmed are The Killers, Slipknot and Billy Talent.

Source: PlaceboWorld

Yay, that will be on MTV for sure! And I just remember how I like RAR 06. <3
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:00 am

Btw, about those new videos, some comments:

- sounds good
- Brian needs a haircut (said for like 1000th time)
- I don't mind Stefan's haircut that much. It isn't great, but till Brian have this long hair, I can't look at Stefan's as problem. :D
- Young Steve seems like he's trying too much, which is not bad...
- I'd like that that girl stays in their band.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:35 pm

Some other songs from Cambodia

http://ru.youtube.com/user/fabyluf
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:47 pm

Something weird just happen'. I saw on MTV video Special K and below were writing some stuff about Placebo. At the end, they said that Placebo will have new album at 2009 with title TBA. blink Anybody know something more? w00t
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:28 pm

I looked for this word in the dictionary and it says TBA means "to be announced" confused grin
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:56 pm

^ Well the people on tv are stupid, because there wrote something like:

"New album will be in 2009 with title TBA". Anyway, when you read that, it 99% sounds like album name. There's no need to put English words in Slovenian. Yes, I'm from Serbia, but we can read Slovenian also. :wink:
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:57 pm

Imagine that album name is To be announced. laugh laugh laugh
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:14 pm

After reading your post I really thought TBA was the name of the album grin
To be announced laugh
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:26 pm

haha, that happened to me once, about Franz Ferdinand's new album...
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:59 pm

Actually, I had read that some months ago on wikipedia, but never thought it could mean something!
I was sure it was the name of the new album!!!
Are WE stupid or THEY???? noexpression
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lepcabo Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:42 am

It's a normal shortcut, we're just not used to it, but now we know. Tongue
lepcabo
lepcabo
Oscillate Wildly
Oscillate Wildly

Female
Number of posts : 781
Favourite Songs : Days Before You Came, Drink You Pretty, Space Monkey, EYEM...
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Btw, but you probably know it already blush

From sp:

May 2008
Fiona has finished writing 12 tracks for her string quartet album, 'THE SEPARATE', to be released soon by Setanta Records.
Produced by Rob Kirwan, the album features collaborations with an impressive star cast of guest vocalists, including Brian Molko, Martha Wainwright, Ed Harcourt, Mark Lanegan, Stephanie Dosen, Joan as Policewoman ..

Fiona is that girl who played the violin in Cambodia. She took part in recording Meds and the album of Hotel Persona (Touch Me). Here is her site:

from http://www.fionabrice.co.uk

And a little interview with her:

http://traductionsetparoles.over-blog.com/article-15104445.html
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:19 pm

From sp

PIAS Signs Placebo
January 18, 2009 - Global | Indies

By Andre Paine, Cannes

During the MidemNet conference in Cannes, PIAS Entertainment Group announced that it has signed alternative rock act Placebo, which had a long association with EMI.

Placebo has released albums via EMI's Virgin label since its 1996 self-titled debut, but the band has moved to PIAS Entertainment Group for the European release of its sixth record, out in June.

Kenny Gates, co-founder and co-chairman of PIAS Entertainment Group, announced the signing during the "Serving Artists, Serving Fans" panel discussion at MidemNet, which was moderated by Billboard international bureau chief Mark Sutherland.

The partnership is for Europe and it is service deal, allowing the band to retain copyright on the album. PIAS will provide marketing, promotion and music services; the British release will go through PIAS U.K.'s Integral service.

"We will work with them hand in hand to cover all aspects of what needs to be done with the next Placebo album, coming out in June, to make it a very big success," said Gates.

"We are delighted to be signing with PIAS, one of the world's most respected and successful independent music companies," said singer Brian Molko in a statement. "We were very lucky to have so many great labels interested in signing us, it means a lot, especially after 12 years of releasing records."

The band's 2006 set "Meds," released on Astralwerks in the U.S., went to No. 1 in France, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Greece, Mexico and Chile. Placebo has sold a total of 10 million albums, according to PIAS.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_ … 220b848593

Placebo have announced that they will release their as-yet untitled next album in June.

The album was produced by David Bottrill and wil be the follow-up to 2006's 'Meds'.

The record will be the first to feature new drummer Steve Forrest.

The band have signed with [PIAS], a European entertainment group they will now release their music through.

In a statement frontman Brian Molko said, "We were very lucky to have so many great labels interested in signing us, it means a lot, especially after 12 years of releasing records!

"But we now feel we have the right partner for Europe in these ever-changing times to continue this crazy adventure and to scale even dizzier heights with our new record."

Keep checking NME.COM for more details on the album when announced.

Why so late? confused They will play their old set-list at the festival in May?
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Well this is too much and silly thing. So, they'll play some concerts with only old songs? That has no sense.

And EMI sounds much more familiar, why they changed it after 10 years?
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:40 pm

As far as I understand EMI controlled Placebo too much or something but the guys wanted to have more freedome.

Here are 2 fan quotes on the news from LJ:
"virgin totally pimped them out on the "meds" cd"
"maybe they'll (PIAS) give them the artistic freedom they want"

http://community.livejournal.com/placebowhores/2000771.html

Btw, HP signed with PIAS too. And you know on the day their debut album had to be out in London, fans could not find it in the stores. Though maybe it's not the label's fault grin
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:23 am

Yes, I understand then, but still, ... I never heard for PIAS. rolleyes

At least, that's probably the less important thing for us. The most important is quality of new album, which better to be very good, because I'm waiting too long! judge

Well, that's strange about HP and PIAS. How they could do that. I hope that won't be the case with Placebo. Better not!
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:59 pm

I never heard of PIAS too. It would be great if they are still reliable laugh and won't let down Placebo huh
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:19 pm

Amethyst wrote:
"maybe they'll (PIAS) give them the artistic freedom they want"

I hope so too.
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:30 am

I saw this label once when I was checking the "TBA" list for this year a couple of weeks ago...

well i think the boys are sensible enuf to make themselve happy when it comes to a lable to work with for the coming years. Too hard did Virgin push them , espacially during the MEDS tour, just take the tour arrangement for instance, apparently the density's rather considerable. Constantly touring here and there, no one can easily stand that. It said that they had 5 album contract with EMI, and I heard about they wanted a split after the 5th album simply because EMI almost abused them.

Anyway, God bless the boys. and I really cant wait anymore!!!! JUNE!!!
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum