One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New drummer

+5
Sabiine
Cebo19
adan
Miss Moneypenny
Amethyst
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New drummer - Page 3 Empty Re: New drummer

Post by Cebo19 Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 pm

Amethyst wrote: But Steve Forrest is not in the members list on the official myspace. There are only Brian and Stef there.
Good point.

This is quite confusing. I wish they'd just give us some official info. I mean, I'd like to know if he's a part of the band or just someone hired to bang drums on tour. huh
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:08 pm

^ Yes, me too. :/ But, that's for all of us, I think.

So, why they don't give us some more news...?

I want news about new album so much, I have big hopes about it...
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:46 am

LOL!

cant pretend to be calm when viewing the news...at least they confirmed that no one could easily substituted for Steve Hewitt, that made me happy.

on Wikipedia, someone's already put the boy's name into the band members and of course wiki's not something official. i didnt notice the band member list on their myspace, but it's quite doubtful if they didnt put him into the member list.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 pm

http://www.confrontmagazine.com/web/2008/09/10/a-word-with-placebos-new-drummer/

Gosh, such a shame that he heard of Placebo only in 2006... closedeyes
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:07 am

^ then 2 years later he became their member...omg, never heard of smth absurd like this!!!!! that's totally ridiculous, he's just a fairly new fan of them...
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:12 am

Thanks for the article, Daria Happy

I still don't like him hmm And when they created the group in 1994, he was 8 years old.... huh
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks for posting that Daria. thumbsup

Yes, I don't like that facts also... It's nice all that what he said, how he thinks they're making great music... But being in band who last for more then ten years and you heard for them just two years ago, that sounds a bit unearned. confused

I mean, I heard for them in 2003. for the first time, started to love them because of Meds, but I'm not going to be band member. laugh Unfortunately. closedeyes Or luckily for everyones ears. laugh

Anyway, he's the band member now and we'll have to accept that.
I hope that I'll realize that when they realize new album, because I still don't have that feeling. Like I said before, I can't even imagine images for new album without Hewitt.

And it's always nice to read 6th album is close... I sooooo can't wait! wub
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lepcabo Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 am

And he's an american. Great. thumbsdown
lepcabo
lepcabo
Oscillate Wildly
Oscillate Wildly

Female
Number of posts : 781
Favourite Songs : Days Before You Came, Drink You Pretty, Space Monkey, EYEM...
Registration date : 2007-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiine Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:01 pm

I'm not sure if you have read this, so I'll post it here:

A word with Placebo’s new drummer
September 10th, 2008 - Written by gemma
I’m sure all of you Placebo fans have heard about drummer, Steve Hewitt, parting ways with Placebo late last year. It is unfortunate and I can imagine many of you were crushed to hear the news. However there has been some good news recently as the band as announced the joining of a new drummer!

This new drummer’s name is also Steve; Steve Forrest to be exact. Steve is an aspiring 22 year old young man from Turlock, California and according to him, the first time he heard Placebo’s music, he fell in love with it.

“The first time I heard them was on my first tour [with then band, Evaline] in early ‘06. I did love them immediately, then I didn’t hear anything until we opened up for them later that year when they came to the States. And I must say that it is pretty amazing to be playing with such an amazing group of people. They’re the band I never knew I always wanted”.

I know die hard placebo fans are worried about this change to the bands line-up but don’t worry, Placebo isn’t planning on making any major musical changes says Steve: “We don’t really think about changing the sound when we write. It’s really about what feels good and sounds fresh, and we have a great time writing and playing together. Smiles all around”.

Steve Forrest sounds like a great choice for a new drummer and having heard him play with his previous band, Evaline, I have to say I am looking forward to seeing what he will bring to this new venture of his. We’re glad the search is over and that Placebo can make new music and keep touring. Hopefully you all will enjoy Steve’s addition to the band because he seems to be pretty excited.

“I’m a bit nervous to see how they will respond to me. I mean, it’s not really something that I’m too worried about because one great thing about Placebo’s fan base is that they seem pretty open minded. So I am looking forward to meeting as many [of them] as possible and doing my best to give justice to everybody’s favourite band”.

Placebo is currently working on their 6th album so stay tuned for more news on that!

To discuss this visit the CONFRONT Community

http://www.confrontmagazine.com/web/2008/09/10/a-word-with-placebos-new-drummer/#more-230
Sabiine
Sabiine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-27

http://www.myspace.com/sabiine111191

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content