One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

placebo albums

+7
meds3
Admin
friend who bleeds
hof
MarG
Amethyst
Katelys
11 posters

Go down

What is your most favourite album of Placebo?

placebo albums I_vote_lcap0%placebo albums I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
placebo albums I_vote_lcap35%placebo albums I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 6 ]
placebo albums I_vote_lcap18%placebo albums I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 3 ]
placebo albums I_vote_lcap24%placebo albums I_vote_rcap 24% 
[ 4 ]
placebo albums I_vote_lcap23%placebo albums I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 17

placebo albums Empty placebo albums

Post by Katelys Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:48 pm

Happy Let's discuss Placebo albums, changes of their music style and differences between each album. You can vote in the poll and then tell us what is your most favourite album and why.it's up to you flowers
please,don't talk about songs,just about whole albums.

offtopic i've made this topic because i had missed it here,i'm sorry if it's somewhere here already blush
Katelys
Katelys
dreamfaller
dreamfaller

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Favourite Songs : Second sight,This picture,Protege moi,Twenty years,In the cold light of morning
Registration date : 2007-01-19

http://www.myspace.com/katelys

Back to top Go down

placebo albums Empty Re: placebo albums

Post by Amethyst Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:21 pm

Thanks for a nice poll. My favorite albums are WYIN and SWG. And I think SWG is a little better but I voted for WYIN as I want to support it today Happy
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Nice topic. thumbsup Thank you, Katelys.

As for albums, for, me it's really difficult to chose the most loved. You know, I like each one. Simply it depends on mood. For example, the first one is the most simple, but there is special energy, which sometimes suits to my age and my youth problems. Then, the second one. I listen to it when everything is fucked up. It's so melanholic and pessimistic. Then BMM. When I'm in good mood, I listen to it. For me that's the most optimistic Placebo album. Then, SWG. Actually, I voted for it. Why? Simply because it was the first one for me. My relations with Placebo music started from this one. When I listened to it, I realised, that Placebo is what I need. I have nothing to say more. Simply GREAT album. wub Then Meds. I accept this album as logical way of evolution. From year to year Placebo evolve. That's why I love them so much. Because they don't stand on the one point/ They always try to find smth new. So, that's my point of view
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Favourite Songs : Plasticine, Soulmates, I know, Post blue, Special K, Twenty years, Taste in men and so many others..
Registration date : 2007-03-14

http://www.myspace.com/marineea

Back to top Go down

Post by Katelys Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:34 pm

MarG wrote:Nice topic. thumbsup Thank you, Katelys.

oh,you don't have to thank me for this blush

>very pertinent description,Marina flowers i can say i don't like the first album just because of that "energy" you've been talking about. For me Placebo is their worst album ever and i don't listen to it,almost never blush I had voted for Meds,it was an introduction of Placebo to me and...i simply love it. for the second,i would vote SWG.This album contains some of my very favourite songs,but also some that i don't like.So,my logical choice was Meds.
Katelys
Katelys
dreamfaller
dreamfaller

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Favourite Songs : Second sight,This picture,Protege moi,Twenty years,In the cold light of morning
Registration date : 2007-01-19

http://www.myspace.com/katelys

Back to top Go down

Post by hof Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:55 pm

well i think that Placebo isn't very bad album and such a songs like 36 degrees, nancy boy, i know, bionic are good. But when i listen Meds, realizing how they improve their music in every new album.
Specially i like Sleeping with ghosts. In this album involves my favourite songs.
In fact most professional of Placebo albums is Meds...but i don't know... it's a bit different from other their albums...SWG will allways have appeal for me look
hof
hof
Allergic
Allergic

Female
Number of posts : 27
Favourite Songs : post blue, pure morining, i know, nancy boy
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by friend who bleeds Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:47 pm

either BBM or WYIN

can't really choose
friend who bleeds
friend who bleeds
Bulletproof Cupid
Bulletproof Cupid

Female
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Every album has something different. I think you can't choose by thinking about the quality, because of the differences in music.
So, the choice has to be made by other criteria and personal reasons, I think.

The first album is really powerful and energetic. Most of the songs are really "noisy" and I think this is the kind of "punk pop for postponed suicides" Brian had once said about.
The second is an album based on love and mostly the problems of it. Many feelings can be expressed by it and it is the perfect choice when you are in love, have fallen out of love or you are disappointed from it.
The third album is very dark. It deals with other problems, mostly drugs. Generally, it is very nice and complicated.
The fourth album has electronic sounds and relationships between people are described. There are also songs about personality like Plasticine, which is a really wonderful element.
The latest album is back to real-original music and is dealing with problems of our century. It also refers a lot to love.

I think the best is to choose one every moment, according to my mood; anyway, now that I have to choose only one generally, I've been always between Sleeping With Ghosts and Meds. I don't know why, but I always liked SWG very very much, without a specific reason, I think.
Despite that, I will vote for Meds, for three basic reasons. Firstly, this was the album from which I was introduced to Placebo. If it wasn't this.....my whole life would be different. Then, it is the album from which I like most of the songs. And at last, my favourite song comes from Meds!!
And also, I have been to Meds Tour and I will be again (!!!) and it is the album which I have "lived".
Perhaps I have to stop, because if I keep thinking I will write many more grin
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meds3 Sat May 05, 2007 2:24 am

omg hard to say!!!!
All albums have many great songs and some not very great.
I think that SWG is the best album although i loved
placebo more from the WYIN album.
So i gotta say that WYIN is a little better as it represents the "real" placebo as from SWG album they changed somehow their style, it was also great turn.
So...
1. WYIN
2.SWG
3.BMM
4.MEDS
5.PLACEBO

Again hard to say fun
meds3
meds3
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2007-04-06

http://looserfreaks.noticeboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Molkania Thu May 10, 2007 10:36 pm

hmh i think it´s hard to decide which album is the best..because their are all great in their own way... blush

my chose:
1. MEDS / Placebo
2. Black market music / without you I´m nothing
3. Sleeping with ghosts

i decide for meds because this album was my first in touch with placebo...i remember the first time, as i heard meds...i liked every song..at this time i look for PLACEBO love

the album Placebo is great, because it´s so different to the other albums, it´s loud but has emotional songs too...

in the end i hear all the albums of them...
Molkania
Molkania
Member Cool
Member Cool

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:05 pm

Hm... That always was a hard question for me.

If I think carefully all are with pretty much the same quality, but then again different. Just in my eyes, I always kept Placebo on the side. I think that listening that one and others you can actually see how much they improved their music. Don't get me wrong, I think that one is good also, but compares to the others it's not that good, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'll vote for Meds, because that was the main reason why and period when I started to listen them and on Meds tour I have seen them for the 1st time. My 2nd fav is probably Sleeping With Ghosts.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ekyssia Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:47 pm

all albums are amazing.. and i like every single song of each one of them.. that's why they're my fav band.. grin and.. anyway.. i think all their albums are different and special in their own ways .. so i can't really find a good reason to choose one of them.. but.. if i have to.. i choose WYIN because i like Brian's voice on it.. [not that i don't like it on the other albums.. i don't know.. i think it's just.. sweeter on this one.. Happy ]
ekyssia
ekyssia
Passive Aggressive
Passive Aggressive

Female
Number of posts : 395
Favourite Songs : The Bitter End, Days Before You Came, I Know, Bruise Pristine, Ask For Answers, Space Monkey..
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lllazarus Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Without you i'm nothing* though Placebo, WYIN and BMM are in my 1.place and other two in the second. ;D
lllazarus
lllazarus
Allergic
Allergic

Female
Number of posts : 27
Favourite Songs : Too much.
Registration date : 2007-03-29

http://www.myspace.com/lllazarus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content