One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live feelings

+2
Levy
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Live feelings Empty Live feelings

Post by Admin Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:02 pm

As I think it isn't right to be off-topic, I created this part where will talk about our feelings/experiences/thoughts/facts e.t.c, of live Placebo concerts.
So, write everything you want about lives... :D
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female
Number of posts : 1419
Favourite Songs : One of a kind, Little Mo, Slackerbitch, Requiem for a jerk
About me : Sophia or Mrs Molko ^_^
Registration date : 2006-12-05

http://www.myspace.com/mrsmolko_ | http://mrsmolko-.hi5.com

Back to top Go down

Live feelings Empty Re: Live feelings

Post by Admin Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:24 pm

lepcabo wrote:Did you have to travel all by yourself?? And did you got the chance to see Protege moi or Protect me, cause when they came here this summer, were promoting Meds and playing most songs from this album. I couldn't go because it was far (since I don't live in the capital) and no way was I going by myself (I didn't have someone to bring with me, since I wasn't in touch with a good friend of mine, placebo fan too).

I have to admit that it hit me real bad when i heard they performed 20 years and Running up that hill, but I was more relieved when I saw that they (or at least they seemed to me) a bit superficial.

Yes, I traveled all alone, but I didn't go alone at the concert.
No, I didn't see neither Protect me nor Protege moi, although the crowed was screaming "we want Protege moi or Where is my mind", but nothing... :(
I wanted to see these live as well as English Summer Rain (and many more!!), but these were some of those I wanted so much.....
It is real they played 20 years and Running up that hill and I liked them very much!! The highlight was Every you every me and The Bitter End.
I was really satisfied when I heard One of a kind as it is my favourite song.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lepcabo Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:54 pm

Oh, I am happy you got to see The Bitter End, I somehow like the old EYEM better, but this one is good too.
And it's weird to hear a person so excited about One of a kind, most of the persons I've heard saying - don't like it. And do you think that they were superficial too or they wasn't, or were you too excited for thinking about that?

(P.S.:I saw on youtube the part of the concert that was on the 10th December somewhere in England, when in between songs the whole public was singing to Brian 'Happy Birthday' and he didn't seem at all 'touched' or glad or anything, he was turning his back and looking for cigars and changing his guitars, I mean I swear that if it wasn't for hearing that whole crowd singing from the top of their lungs, I would've sworn that it was a normal 'in-between songs' moment - it got me thinking)
Anonymous
lepcabo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:55 pm

I saw the video you're talking about too and I don't know what to say....It wasn't a normal reaction and I didn't like it :( . People say he was drunk that day, but even this shouldn't have taken him away from showing his feelings. Maybe he is a bit superficial lately, but it can't be that much. I mean in some concerts he really enjoys himself, but there are others that.....
Here he wasn't very excited and maybe I could say he was a bit superficial. But it wasn't only his fault; something bad happened and his mood changed. Someone threw a bottle of water on the stage, just where Brian was singing. The water caused a problem at the cables and they had to stop for 10 minutes until they were repaired.
Brian was really upset and he didn't talk to us very much.
He just said at the beginning: "Hello, we are the ladies and gentlemen of Placebo". Well, he also said:"Thank you, thank you very much" several times.
Anyway, I think that those "bad" things are at the back of our head. The main memory is the....wonderful time we had and every detail of what happened.
I will always remember his look, what he did, his incredible voice and all these times he looked at ME.
There were many times that he looked just like in Slave to the wage at SND DVD.......I was about to collapse then.
I was really satisfied that he was mostly at my side and I had a clear view.
Well, I still haven't realized that I was there and I'm writing all these now, because it was MY experience.

I want to go again........
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Levy Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:22 pm

I must say that it seems something has indeed changed in Brian's attitude, but it may be just because he is more mature now and has another way of seeing everything,but still....I only saw one Placebo concert,but I'm longing to see them again,I sure hope I will in 2007!!!
I really loved them,I thought they were great,and the concert I saw made me realise how a big showman Stefan also is!Until then,I thought Brian did all the work,but Stefan impressed me in a very good way!He was so energic,and he plays wonderfully!Still Brian is the charismatic one,and his voice...just great and special!
I would finally like to add that after the show,I still was under the "Placebo Effect" for quite a while!It's just something you have to feel,to have it explained :D
Levy
Levy
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 318
Favourite Songs : Black-Eyed,Meds,Blind,Every Me Every You,...
Registration date : 2006-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lepcabo Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:58 pm

From the shows/concerts/gigs I've seen so far (not in reality), I've noticed that he feels at his best and enjoys himself to the max in a room/area where he has a roof on top of his head (no big public), and maybe at huge festivals where he can feel grandiose.
Anonymous
lepcabo

Back to top Go down

Post by friend who bleeds Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:09 am

i think placebo can pass on to the crowd a special vibe during their gigs, however, that doesn't happen always.if they're in a bad mood, i think it's pretty obvious.
i wish i could experience at least one of their old gigs, such as back in 96-97 or up until 2004 tour.i think untill 2004, it was the most ''active'' era for them when it comes to live performances.
friend who bleeds
friend who bleeds
Bulletproof Cupid
Bulletproof Cupid

Female
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:20 pm

Still, sometimes they have a wonderful concert, but I think it's because they tour too much and they get bored of singing the same songs again and again. In their earlier age the gigs were not as many as of 2006's. There were about 120 gigs last year ( yikes ) and about 20 on 2004!! Yes, they had to promote Meds, the new album, but still they're humans ! Maybe their personalities have changed (sure!) ; think of yourselves, how are you today and how were you 5 years ago?

A lot can happen in life and we change. The same for them. And it is always good to change. Perhaps someone will change and become a criminal one day, but everything is for human beings. (Όλα ειναι για τους ανθρώπους, που λέμε Tongue ) So, their change is good. Imagine to like a band and this band writes almost the same songs every time, performs the same etc. We are not robots !

We loved Placebo and we still do for a lot of reasons. One (and very important), is that through these changes different people love them. I like Brian who looks like man, someone else may like him as "Briana". If he was Brian/Briana all his life long, one of the two of us, wouldn't have loved him Happy .
I think you understand what I'm saying laugh

Just think that: we would have never known each other if they weren't around. We owe them a lot, but the best we can do is give them our love !

group group
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by friend who bleeds Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:01 pm

Briana laugh laugh
friend who bleeds
friend who bleeds
Bulletproof Cupid
Bulletproof Cupid

Female
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2006-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:41 pm

friend who bleeds wrote:i think placebo can pass on to the crowd a special vibe during their gigs, however, that doesn't happen always.if they're in a bad mood, i think it's pretty obvious.
i wish i could experience at least one of their old gigs, such as back in 96-97 or up until 2004 tour.i think untill 2004, it was the most ''active'' era for them when it comes to live performances.

I totally agree with you Happy

I've heard from older guys that their first gig in athens ( I think it was 1997 ) was one of the best shows ever.They were really communicative and their act was so explosive!I was so jealous of the guys being there!

I've only attended their last show in greece (05-09-2006) but I think they were angry at something or just tired sleep I've read in many articles that they're performance was disappointing althoughI don't angry with that.I just think they had a bad day,and I'm waiting to see them again in action yes1

Sofia were you standing at the first row?Did you manage to take any pics?
Ladybug
Ladybug
21st century toy
21st century toy

Female
Number of posts : 55
Favourite Songs : Bionic EYEM(live) Without you I'm nothing Sleeping with ghosts Song to say goodbye Space monkey
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:54 pm

Indeed, there were many negative articles and I can say I didn't like that. I don't think it was so disappointing although it was my first gig ever and I have no idea.
I wish they were more communicative and I wish even more they come again this year.... yes1 w00t
Yes, Danai. I was at the first row, from Brian's side. Unfortunately, I didn't take many or good quality pictures and videos.... weep But, if you want those monsters of mine, it's ok unsure
And do you know what? I want them so much to come, but not only for them. I want to meet all of you from here!! I really do!!! I'm sure we will have an unforgettable time all together.... drunk
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:55 pm

And where were you? fun
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:13 am

I was at the first row too somewhere in the middle but close to stef mostly Happy
I must admitt he looks so cute on stage I was about to skip the bars and jump in front of him!! fun
Ok I'm just crazy I know grinTongue

I'd love to see your pics!I have only one because I ran out of batteries...
I managed to take a small video just 20 seconds sad

I could uploaded somewhere for you if you like Happy
Ladybug
Ladybug
21st century toy
21st century toy

Female
Number of posts : 55
Favourite Songs : Bionic EYEM(live) Without you I'm nothing Sleeping with ghosts Song to say goodbye Space monkey
Registration date : 2007-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:34 pm

You all must be so lucky. I even envy you (in good meaning of this word). wub

I used to watch the only on records. Thought, I've promised myself that I'll obviously see them this summer. band
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Favourite Songs : Plasticine, Soulmates, I know, Post blue, Special K, Twenty years, Taste in men and so many others..
Registration date : 2007-03-14

http://www.myspace.com/marineea

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Well Marina, I hope you will see them Happy
And Danai, we will upload videos and pictures at the suitable sections. The quality doesn't matter Tongue
Admin
Admin
Molkita
Molkita

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Molkania Thu May 10, 2007 10:59 pm

i see the guys live in mannheim, 20.12.2006, and it was great
Happy ! ..it was like a wave of feelings...
you know, you are excited to see the guys and then the concert begins and you spring and sing and soon the concert is over. huh

i remember: after the concert i was so happy and this felling hold on for a few days. but after a few days i only want to see them again....like a post blue... :wink:

i´m so happy to see placebo in düsseldorf, 26.6
Molkania
Molkania
Member Cool
Member Cool

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content