One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placebo Articals

+9
Cebo19
ekyssia
Admin
Amethyst
blister_blue
funny Valentine
BrokenSoulmate
Katelys
MarG
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Placebo Articals - Page 2 Empty Re: Placebo Articals

Post by Stefler Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:10 pm

BrokenSoulmate wrote:

Actually this is the part I hated the most. When they have so much of self-disciplin and flexibility to find a connection to the songs, why do they hardly play Pure Morning or Nancy Boy here in Europe?!
IMO it's just because they have fans over here who pay for their stuff anyway and they also want more fans in the US to pay for their stuff... Short: it's all about money...
I really don't like that thought myself but that's how I see things...

Yes, as I read the lines, I had the same thoughts. I think that they were more flexible in 2006 and the years before with playing different songs. I think they should better coddle their "real" european fans next time with more old songs.
Stefler
Stefler
Member Cool
Member Cool

Male
Number of posts : 84
Favourite Songs : The Crawl,Leni,ESR,WYIN
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ekyssia Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:39 pm

@BrokenSoulmate:
well, they don't play those songs here in Europe because when they go on tour they play mostly the songs from the newest album and some other songs that fit them.. they don't have to play their old songs here that much because the audience already knows them and loves them..
in USA it was a different thing because ppl there weren't familiar to their older stuff, and, as a musician you have to give the audience what they want.. so that's why they had to choose some older songs, more "punky" songs (as he said), that were better liked by the audience, than the songs from Meds (which are quite melancholic.. )
i don't blame them for doing that.. it's part of their job.. and i find beautiful the things he said in that part.. because they changed a lot since those songs were written and played on stage and it's normal that they probably don't feel the same playing it, that the songs and lyrics don't mean for them what they meant before.. and I liked it because he said that he didn't want to go on stage and lie.. and I appreciate that.. the honesty they put in every song, every performance, every lyric.. dunno.. it's just my point of view..
ekyssia
ekyssia
Passive Aggressive
Passive Aggressive

Female
Number of posts : 395
Favourite Songs : The Bitter End, Days Before You Came, I Know, Bruise Pristine, Ask For Answers, Space Monkey..
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ekyssia Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:23 am

http://yaledailynews.com/blogs/sceneandheard/2007/09/09/qa-with-brian-molko-of-placebo%22

it's about PR.. mostly.. grin it's quite similar to the last one we've talked about..
ekyssia
ekyssia
Passive Aggressive
Passive Aggressive

Female
Number of posts : 395
Favourite Songs : The Bitter End, Days Before You Came, I Know, Bruise Pristine, Ask For Answers, Space Monkey..
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MarG Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:50 pm

THX kiss

Well, that's quite similar interview, talking about th3e same sings, like rock'n'roll cliche (one of Brian's fav themes now :wink: ), PR, Meds and so one. Anyway, that's nice to see tjht Brian has similar point of view and doesn.t change it every another interview Happy
MarG
MarG
Placebo Addict
Placebo Addict

Female
Number of posts : 1209
Favourite Songs : Plasticine, Soulmates, I know, Post blue, Special K, Twenty years, Taste in men and so many others..
Registration date : 2007-03-14

http://www.myspace.com/marineea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Some older stuff I found:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img442/5831/bendigoadvertiser120806hn2.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img206/9765/23deww1.jpg

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img206/8959/39jy1wd3.jpg
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cebo19 Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Placebo Articals - Page 2 BrianMolko

translation:

Life of Brian (Bulgaria 18.06.07):

Dressed in black, with perfectly epilated chest, doesn't take off his dark glasses and with boots on in spite of the heat. We have an appointment with the greatest alternative singer from the Island after Thom Yorke.

Three years ago Placebo played in Bulgaria, disappointed of the venue and charmed by the audience. After he recklessly threw himself into the audience, the singer even shared with us that he hadn't been touched by so many people for the last 5 years. This time Placebo were even more emotional, they changed guitars for each song and staked on long codes. An hour before the concert I am sitting with Brian in a stuffy room somewhere along the Winter Palace's corridors . He lights a cig. A nicotine one.

Svetoslav Petrov: Last time you were in Bulgaria you smoked Camel, too!
Brian Molko: Well, let's hope next time I come I won't smoke any, ha-ha.

S.P.: Aren't you sick of playing the songs of your last album, Meds?
B.M.: Ha-ha, no. Why are you so negative? Are you bored?

S.P.: Not at all. But aren't you tired of the tour, yet?
B.M.: Here it goes again. You're tired blah blah blah. You've said it again!?

S.P.: Relax, I have positive questions as well.
B.M.: You are going to make me feel bad even before going onstage. Today is a beautiful sunny day. All girls are walking around almost without any clothes on.

S.P.: One of these girls is waiting for you outside for an interview. (Elena Peneva from dnes.bg)
B.M.: Well.. in that case you have to hurry up, my friend.

S.P.: Have you recorded something new while travelling?
B.M.: No. We had some tiny ideas, but we are focused on doing amazing gigs.

S.P.: At what stage do you start to think of the cover of the album and the image of the project?
B.M.: Oh, at the final one. How can you deal with things like these without the finished product which would inspire it? The aim of the artwork is to give the final touch and to present our ideas even better.

S.P.: What do you think about musicians like Pete Doherty and Amy Winehouse, who seem to have turned their problems with certain substances part of their charisma?
B.M.: Let's say it this way - as an artist I would feel very bad to be more famous for my narco problems than for my music. Anyone can sleep with Kate Moss and take drugs. But I am more tempted to touch people with my art , to write something that can converse with them. What's the point of being the next rock&roll cliche?

S.P.: What do you listen lately?
B.M.: The last albums of the Queens of the Stone age and Eagles of Death Metal . As well as Arcade Fire.

S.P.: You like HipHop as well. Do you feel like recording such a song?
B.M.: I despise gangsta' rap and all the money , women, and big cars that go with it . We've tried to experiment with such elements in songs like “Spite and Malice. from the album Black Market Music, but we don't feel like repeating.

S.P.: You have made duets with David Bowie, Michael Stipe, and Alison from the Kills. Do you want to record with somebody else?
B.M.: I would be pleased to make something with Bjork. She is one of the most fantastic musicians for the last few years . But first we should make an appropriate song. I'm certainly not walking around with a list of people who we would like to work with, although there are volunteers all the time.

S.P.: Did you manage to conquer the US?
B.M.: NO, but we want to, ha-ha. Now we are going on one big tour with Linkin Park, HIM and My Chemical Romance, so we'll see.

S.P.: Five years ago Kerrang magazine called you the last big rockstar of Great Britain. How did you feel then?
B.M.: It's almost unbelievable what kind of things people can write. I could not care less about this.

S.P.:And finally, what's your favorite abuse lately?
B.M.: You fuckin' fuckin' motherfucker.

translation from SP
Cebo19
Cebo19
Is it just paranoia?
Is it just paranoia?

Female
Number of posts : 784
Registration date : 2007-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiine Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:06 pm

Thanks for the interview Happy

Cebo19 wrote: But I am more tempted to touch people with my art , to write something that can converse with them.
Wonderful answer!
Sabiine
Sabiine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-27

http://www.myspace.com/sabiine111191

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:27 am

Thanks for posting it! thumbsup
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:35 pm

thx! i kinda like its informal tune, Bri seemed to be relaxed.

Happy
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2