One Of A Kind
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New album- official!

+5
agina
mrsverlaine
adan
Amethyst
Cebo19
9 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

New album- official! - Page 10 Empty Re: New album- official!

Post by adan Fri May 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Anyway, I register on site, and they said they'll contact me soon, but still no email from PlaceboWorld.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 939
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri May 22, 2009 7:01 pm

oh i forgot Bright Lights, i'm curious about the popularized noise rock. I'll make a choice between the two untapped.

Nada, does that mean Kitty Litter is your least favorite?
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Number of posts : 950
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468
About me : Brian Molko Addict
Registration date : 2007-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Fri May 22, 2009 7:10 pm

Yes, that's why I want to hear Bright Lights also. laugh

Well, I can say, for now. I didn't really give it a chance, didn't like it after 2nd listening and now I always skip it. Will give it more chance when album came out! I know you like it, right?
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : Special Needs, Every You Every Me, Twenty Years, Soulmates, The Bitter End, Infra-red

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Fri May 22, 2009 7:17 pm

blush Yeah, actually it's my favorite at this moment. The song I always skipped is Speak In Tongues, although it's Brian's favorite, I'm not into it, duuno why. dots
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female
Favourite Songs : I know,Lady of the flowers,Scared Of Girls,36 Degrees,The Bitter End,Drink You Pretty,2468

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Sat May 23, 2009 4:52 am

I really like that one funny enough, but I can't wait to hear Julien, I loved the Sheffield MP3, wonder who it's about ?
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat May 23, 2009 5:09 am

^Yeah I like Julien a lot as well. I think it's about Brian Molko himself, maybe the dark period he'd been thru or just a reflection of some deep dark corner hidden in his mind.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sat May 23, 2009 11:02 am

adan wrote:Anyway, I register on site, and they said they'll contact me soon, but still no email from PlaceboWorld.
I suppose they will send you a letter as soon as they have news to share via newsletters grin i.e. next Friday they will send out letters with codes for listening or something.

First of all I'd like to listen to Julien in studio quality and then Breath Underwater Happy

A new interview from Kerrang
https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/in4v2w.jpg
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Number of posts : 1508
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny
Registration date : 2007-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Sat May 23, 2009 11:17 am

aww, thanks for posting that:)

Placebo may have been a band that was travelling from country to country worried about where they were going to get their drugs from, now, Placebo's a band travelling from country to country worrying about getting enuf rest so they can do a good enuf show.

nice summary...a bit sad but all true
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat May 23, 2009 11:45 am

agina wrote:blush Yeah, actually it's my favorite at this moment. The song I always skipped is Speak In Tongues, although it's Brian's favorite, I'm not into it, duuno why. dots

It's Brian's favorite? Happy ! Didn't know that. I might read that, but I forgot. Give it a chance it's very good. I like the end of it: "We can build a new tomorrow, today." wub Though, I must admit, I don't really understand song's story... Anybody can help about that?
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by adan Sat May 23, 2009 11:47 am

Amethyst wrote:
I suppose they will send you a letter as soon as they have news to share via newsletters grin i.e. next Friday they will send out letters with codes for listening or something.

First of all I'd like to listen to Julien in studio quality and then Breath Underwater Happy

A new interview from Kerrang
https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/in4v2w.jpg

Yeah, I hope so... Just I'd want that today or tomorrow, because then I won't be home till Thursday. confused

Julien - nice pick! fun

Thanks for interview! I saw some download links on sweet-prince, also.
adan
adan
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun May 24, 2009 7:54 pm

PLACEBO ( For What Its Worth ) a Quelli che il calcio 24/05/09

Don't you think it's a phonogramme partly? The music and back vocals are recorded? hmm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPhC4sly1ko&feature=email
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female
Favourite Songs : WYIN, Lady Of The Flowers, Protege Moi, Special K (Acoustic), Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Mon May 25, 2009 4:04 am

A lot of UK programmes are like that, it's irritating, but a lot of the tv producers inisist, as it's easy for recording or something. It was lovely to see the boys perform, I thought Brian was very animated, and seemed in a good mood, thought he looked good, well utterly gorgeous, ( shallow person that I am ) . Thanks for that link, I've had a stressful weekend and it cheered me up ! Happy
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Mon May 25, 2009 7:50 am

^ yeah exactly...it's quite often in TV programming, even in news programs it's the same, I currently work for a TV station and they did a lot of recordings which, to the public, seem like living programs.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Mon May 25, 2009 12:39 pm

...you gotta watch that with the interview, he said, "all of a sudden i want a glass of milk", sooooooooo cute ahahaha
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Mon May 25, 2009 4:24 pm

A lot of UK programmes are like that
I thought it could be only in Russia laugh Because our singers cannot sing hmm
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Mon May 25, 2009 4:32 pm

^ it proves the same everywhere.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 am

Most so called singers in the UK certainly can't sing, they're too busy practasing their little dance routines ! laugh

Angina that must be really interesting working for a TV station, do you meet lots of interesting people, perhaps one day you'll meet the boys themselves !
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Tue May 26, 2009 6:10 am

^ i'm mainly dealing with business and political news, the only interesting ppl i ever met were several comic authors and cartoon directors...guess there's no chance for me to meet the boys. But if i become a paparazzi, ummmm...my mom's gonna kill me.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Tue May 26, 2009 7:02 am

Go for it !!!!!
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue May 26, 2009 7:20 pm

There are rumours that it will be almost impossible to rip the album on Friday, we can only listen to it but cannot rip cry
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Tue May 26, 2009 7:57 pm

^ yea i heard of it...they got some securities on it.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed May 27, 2009 7:19 pm

A very shocking interview translated from French cry

http://traductionsetparoles.over-blog.com/article-31931893.html

The most painful moments (for me)

We were growing apart from each others, it was affecting the creativity. Instead of standing together like at our beginnings, Stefan and I huddled in our corner, by survival instinct

During the recording of Meds ... We left the studio without pride, disunited, washed out. But there was a tour to achieve, then we marched to the front lines, as if nothing had happened. I hoped it would heal the wounds: it bruised them. For two years on the road, I really felt alone. I had no choice but to continue - I know nothing else, it's my destiny, my only value ...

About Steve - At the end of the tour we couldn't even look each other in the eye ... he was ... unpredictable, I was scared of his reaction, emotionally and even physically. So I tell him by email, and then our manager has officially announced him that he was no longer part of the band. That was two years ago, we haven't spoke again.

About drugs - It took place shortly after the recording of Meds, which was a veritable orgy of drugs and abuse - this was the way we draped ourselves in the veil of denial, refusing to see that Placebo was not doing well ... I was totally addicted to drugs and alcohol, I went to a clinic to heal (silence) ... Four days after I left the hospital, I went on tour. In solidarity, Stefan has also stopped to drink, it was the first time we were touring sober, it was terrifying ...

^ He went to a clinic to heal after the Meds recording, before the tour? cry

About feeling uncomfortable at home - I avoid to go directly home, I still travel a bit, I go through stages of decompression. For two months, everything I do is sleep. All diseases that I managed to postpone for two years of touring then fall over me. I emerge from a bubble, I feel weak, absent, reluctant to do everything ... I'm there for nobody, I fade.
Amethyst
Amethyst
Choose your rank
Choose your rank

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Wed May 27, 2009 8:28 pm

For two years on the road, I really felt alone. I had no choice but to continue - I know nothing else, it's my destiny, my only value ...

I need the public's feedback, its recognition. Here I am in doubt, the confusion, it kills me. I need to be on stage, financially, of course, but psychologically above all.

yes that's exactly him...

I would often like to cook, do my laundry ... When I come back home, I regain some skills, autonomy. Doing dishes and cleaning becomes a necessity.

This made me a bit happier...picturing him doing house-cleaning...

I remember, when I was a kid, sitting on the toilet, answering imaginary interviews ... In my head, it was never question of "if I succeed? "... I cut all the bridges behind me for this dream. Living in my dreams, it was a form of protection. I felt totally divorced from society, I knew I could not find my place in it.

At home I was torn: my mother was very religious, my father was a businessman, and both, for different reasons, didn't agree with my desire for an artistic career ... Since childhood I had to cut my own path with a machete, I knew there was nothing to wait from others, that one day I would show them they were wrong, that I had something

cry cry cry cry

It's not hypochondria, I just have to take medication to heal my depression. For a long time as a teenager, I lived with this pain that had no name. I was 25 years when a doctor finally diagnosed my depression.

he just confirmed he has depression. oh my god, i knew he had the inclination but it never occurred to me that his psychological status could be that bad and inflicted him in an extremely cruel way. OMG i was totally shocked by this interview...and i just couldnt stop the tears shedding, i knew exactly what he might have been through...however it's good for him that he turned to doctors and got medical treatment to get things better.

Placebo is like the only place that he felt so closely attached and a sense of belonging.

well i'm...speechless.

fortunately he got Stef, otherwise he could have been dead for years.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsverlaine Thu May 28, 2009 4:43 am

I was the same, I feel like crying now, I knew he had suffered with depression in the past but never as bad as that. I feel the same if it wasn't for Stef, he could be dead. But what puzzles me is he doesn't mention his son or partner, I thought surely they would have helped him, during the Meds period he hadn't been a father long, and I know his partner was around then, couldn't they see the pain he was going through. This has upset me more, I thought he was happy with his partner and child, and all that abuse was long in his past, it upsets me to think of him going home to a lonely apartment . sad
mrsverlaine
mrsverlaine
One Of A Kind
One Of A Kind

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by agina Thu May 28, 2009 6:40 am

^ I guess he is. coz i heard a lot of ppl talking about his meet with Cody & Helena in Paris not very long before their promo for the new album, which means Cody is currently living in Paris instead of England and he's already been apart with Helena...but who knows, I dont care who he's together with, all i want is him being both happy and healthy.

BTW, a frnd of mine who studied Psychology suggest that Brian should marry Stef. Yeah, i totally agree on that.
agina
agina
O Zahir
O Zahir

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum